New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a Logitech USB 2.0 webcam that sometimes doesn't show up after starting up the computer. If I disconnect it from the USB port and reconnect, it shows up fine. I use the latest drivers and software. I was wondering if there is some kind of batch file I could use in the start up folder that would ensure that the camera loads every time. I have Windows 7 Home Premium. Thanks for any assistance.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brooks View Post
    I have a Logitech USB 2.0 webcam that sometimes doesn't show up after starting up the computer. If I disconnect it from the USB port and reconnect, it shows up fine. I use the latest drivers and software. I was wondering if there is some kind of batch file I could use in the start up folder that would ensure that the camera loads every time. I have Windows 7 Home Premium. Thanks for any assistance.
    Welcome to the Lounge!!

Is the PC completely powered off or hibernating or sleeping?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    The pc is completely powered off.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Brooks View Post
    The pc is completely powered off.
    Have you tried it on a different USB port?

Joe
    Joe

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Sometimes, too many programs are loaded at boot time and the computer gets confused... For the programs I want to manually load after the boot sequence, I am using a small script file containing:
    Code:
    Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

WScript.sleep 120000

WshShell.Run """C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE"" /recycle"
    WScript.sleep 60000
    (This example justs launches Outlook after 120 seconds and it waits 60 seconds before the next command -- not shown here). Save this file with the extension .vbs, then create a shortcut to this file and put this shortcut in your start menu (I don't remember why I couldn't put the .vbs file directly in the Start menu but it works that way!). Now my boot sequence is much longer (about 6 minutes) but at least I am sure that all my programs are automatically loaded (e-mail, browser, Skype, OpenOffice quick starter, etc.) in the right order and it saves me a few clicks.
    This eco-post is made of recycled electrons