New Lounger
    Thanks
    I know you can control WMP just by hovering over it's icon in the taskbar, but I'm wondering if anybody knows of another media player that does yet. Thanks!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    iTunes does it as well. You'll see previous track, play/pause, and next track indicators underneath the thumbnail.

Lounger
    Thanks
    I believe KMPlayer does. Its opensource and includes the codecs to play almost any sort of media you can find.
    My Laptop Specs
    Asus M50SV-A1, Win7 x64 Pro, 1440x900 WXGA screen, 250Gb Seagate Momentus 5400.4RPM HD with 8Mb Cache, Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5Ghz Processor with 6Mb L2 cache, 3Gbs of RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9500GS 512Mb GPU, Logitech G5, Saitek X52/ST290 Logitech Precision Gaming Headset

Looking for firewall, antivirus, or antispyware suggestions. Do some research: Antivirus, Antispyware, and Firewall Research Thread

New Lounger
    Thanks
    QuuxPlayer does something similar. While you can't control it by hovering over the icon, you can set it to minimize to what's called a "mini player" (think that's the name). It is a very thin bar (just above the taskbar notification area) from which you can adjust volume, mute, and go to next track in your playlist. The program recently moved to an open source license. I've been using it for almost 2 years under Windows 7 64-bit, Vista 64-bit, and XP 32-bit with no problem under any of those OS's.