5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    A coworker wants to compare data in 6 columns, and if the cells match, she wants them marked somehow (probably just a background color will do).
    For example, columns D, E, and F compared to columns L, M and N. IF D, E,F do not match what is in L,M and N, then shade the mis-matched cells so she can easily find the discrepancy.

I figured out how to use conditional formatting to compare two columns, but I'm clueless about comparing multiple cells.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I assume that you want to compare D to L, E to M and F to N. So it's simply a matter of comparing pairs of columns.

See the attached version: [attachment=87230:Compare multiple.xls]
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Slinky View Post
    I assume that you want to compare D to L, E to M and F to N. So it's simply a matter of comparing pairs of columns.

See the attached version: [attachment=87230:Compare multiple.xls]
    Hi,

Want to thanks the querier and the answerer, as I was looking for the same solution .

Thanks !!

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MelanieB View Post
    A coworker wants to compare data in 6 columns, and if the cells match, she wants them marked somehow (probably just a background color will do).
    For example, columns D, E, and F compared to columns L, M and N. IF D, E,F do not match what is in L,M and N, then shade the mis-matched cells so she can easily find the discrepancy.

I figured out how to use conditional formatting to compare two columns, but I'm clueless about comparing multiple cells.
    by using conditional formating you may set rules liked highlight duplicate values or so and so.