Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I am using the Mail Merge Wizard to generate the addresses on a number of envelopes. In order that the Postal Code be separated by significant white space from the State, I would like to introduce a Tab between the two fields but have been unable to figure out how, I currently have a macro to place a series of spaces in the Data file field, but would prefer something a little more sophisticated.

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.
    Regards
    Don

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Hi Don,

The simple solution is to not use the Address Block (if that's what you're using) and to insert the individual mergefields onto the mailmerge main document where you want them to appear. If you use a left tab after the locality fields and tab-stop at the appropriate position in the paragraph containing the postal code, the postal code's position should remain constant, regardless of how much space the locality data requires.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by macropod View Post
    The simple solution is to not use the Address Block (if that's what you're using) and to insert the individual mergefields onto the mailmerge main document where you want them to appear.
    Thanks for the speedy response Paul.

I haven't a clue as to achieving this. Can you give me a pointer or two?
    Regards
    Don

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks
    Hi Don,

See the attached, for which I've assumed a data source with fields for Title (eg Mr/Ms/Dr etc), initials, Surname, Address1 & Address2 (to allow for addresses that require 2 lines), locality, State and postal code. In addition to adding the tab as I suggested between the State & postal code, I've added some logic to insert/supress spaces & line-feeds when various fields are empty.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]