Thread: Administrator?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi all, hope someone can help with this. Just bought from e-bay Medion lap top. XP pro. installed. Screen sticks on "windows shutting down" and does not fully switch off. Bought "dongle" Computer saying I need admin. status. Prev. owner shows as having. Any solutions? @ Happy xmas to all. Tony.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberslayer View Post
    Bought "dongle" Computer saying I need admin. status. Prev. owner shows as having.
    Could you clarify please? I'm not exactly sure what you are saying/asking...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    if i understand what you're asking, you'll need to go into BIOS and clear all passwords previously set by former owner as admin. i had to do this on a dell inspiron1525 i acquired that had vista on it, however after clearing BIOS, i formatted and installed my own xp pro OS. google search will give info on getting into BIOS. hope this helps

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lakelizard View Post
    if i understand what you're asking, you'll need to go into BIOS and clear all passwords previously set by former owner as admin. i had to do this on a dell inspiron1525 i acquired that had vista on it, however after clearing BIOS, i formatted and installed my own xp pro OS. google search will give info on getting into BIOS. hope this helps
    Since the OP seems to have set his post as an exercise in cryptanalysis, I must point out that a "Windows shutting down" message is highly unlikely to have anything to do with BIOS passwords, present or absent.

To the OP I recommend this article, with feeling...
    If we can't understand the question, there's almost no hope of getting anywhere near a correct answer.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lakelizard View Post
    Ta for reply. Will try your suggestion. Since posting query bought new xp home and loaded. Loaded ok except comes up with huge icons mouse pointer 4cm! due to size unable to get to any programmes to sort. Any ideas much appreciated. Regards Tony.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Could you clarify please? I'm not exactly sure what you are saying/asking...
    This is vodafone mobile broadband. have on my desk top. plug in and allows access to net via a mobile phonne no. hope this clarifies. Regards Tony.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberslayer View Post
    Ta for reply. Will try your suggestion. Since posting query bought new xp home and loaded. Loaded ok except comes up with huge icons mouse pointer 4cm! due to size unable to get to any programmes to sort. Any ideas much appreciated. Regards Tony.
    Did you load any system drivers and or graphics drivers when you reloaded?
    Please post your system specs and we can see if we can get you pointed in the right direction.