Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a Windows 7 machine and I have 2 video cards installed running 3 monitors. I am running 1 off a Geforce 8500 GT and 2 off a Geforce 6200. I get several video crashes a day, it does recover but everything freezes for about 15 seconds and then I get a little popup that say my system has recovered from a video crash. This same thing happened to me when I was running Vista on the same machine. I have tried different drivers and I still have the same problem. I have 191.07 now. I would like to trouble shoot this but I do not know where to begin. Anybody have any ideas?
    The pvkid in Puerto Vallarta
    Puerto Vallarta Rentals

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Check this thread out...

http://forums.nvidia...howtopic=152536
    Mike

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had the same problem with Vista also. It does not seem to be just a win 7 problem. It works fine most of the time but it does crash a few times a day. It does recover after the crash it just takes a few seconds. I have disabled aero and that did not help. I can run one screen with just the 6200 with no problems, I run into the problem when I run 2 screens using the 6200 and the 8500 gt. I can run the 8500 with 1 screen with no problem.
    I have asked around and no one seems to have the answer.
    pvkid
    Puerto Vallarta Rentals

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Apparently there were major problems with the 6200 in Vista as well. Nvidea even offered a "fix" for it on their site(forums). I'm running the 6200 with dual monitors without a problem, myself, but it's on XP. I hope you get it sorted, but it looks like that might mean a new card.
    Mike

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Based on what is being said here, it is NOT a Vista or Windows 7 issues, but issue with the drivers from the OEM.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Musto View Post
    I have a Windows 7 machine and I have 2 video cards installed running 3 monitors. I am running 1 off a Geforce 8500 GT and 2 off a Geforce 6200. I get several video crashes a day, it does recover but everything freezes for about 15 seconds and then I get a little popup that say my system has recovered from a video crash. This same thing happened to me when I was running Vista on the same machine. I have tried different drivers and I still have the same problem. I have 191.07 now. I would like to trouble shoot this but I do not know where to begin. Anybody have any ideas?

had a look at your power supply?
    with that much video load it wouldn't have to drop much to cause a crash!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stanton View Post
    Apparently there were major problems with the 6200 in Vista as well. Nvidea even offered a "fix" for it on their site(forums). I'm running the 6200 with dual monitors without a problem, myself, but it's on XP. I hope you get it sorted, but it looks like that might mean a new card.
    This is giving me some insight. I tried running to monitors off of just the 6200 and the same thing happened. I thought it was a problem with the combination of the 8500 and the 6200 but now I see that it is not. I am now testing with just 1 monitor using the 6200 and I will let you know what happens.
    I have been looking at new video cards but I am limited as I only have a PCI slot to put it in. I have been looking at this card http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?inv...4D2LHP&cat=VCD as it has to be a GeForce to play well with the 8500 GeForce. Anyone have any other recommendations?
    pvkid
    Puerto Vallarta Rentals

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Shuttleworth View Post
    After the crash I get this message "Display driver NVIDA kernel mode driver has stopped responding and has successfully recovered" so this does not sound like a power supply issue.
    pvkid
    Puerto Vallarta Rentals

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry Shuttleworth View Post
    That's what they're talking about near the end of this thread.

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=109407
    Mike

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    so this does not sound like a power supply issue.
    pvkid

With my limited knowledge of GPU's and vid cards in general, I'm just curious why you think it might not be a power problem?
    Mike

Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a Windows 7 machine and I have 2 video cards installed running 3 monitors. I am running 1 off a Geforce 8500 GT and 2 off a Geforce 6200.

Two different models of videocards on the same motherboard - is it possible? It may not cause problems if you are running WinXP & using older drivers but Win7 drivers are too new esp for the 6200. I have an old Nvidia 8800GT which works beautifully in WinXP using drivers 169.21 but when I change the OS to Vista & the drivers to 185.10, the performance dropped dramatically. I have to replace the card for a GTS250.
    Intel CoreI7 P55/ 8Gb 1600 RAM DDR3/ NV GTS 570 1Gb PCIe/ HDD X 3 = 6TB/SSD x 1 128GB/ BDRW X 2/DVDRW x 2/ Corsiar 850W PSU & running on Win10 Pro 64bit

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Stanton View Post
    With my limited knowledge of GPU's and vid cards in general, I'm just curious why you think it might not be a power problem?
    If I run the 8500 alone everything works fine. The minimum requirements for the 8500 is 250W. If I run the 6200 alone I get the problem. The minimum requirements for the 6200 is 250W. That is why I do not think it is a power supply problem. I am using a 350W power supply
    pvkid
    Puerto Vallarta Rentals

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lee View Post
    I have a Windows 7 machine and I have 2 video cards installed running 3 monitors. I am running 1 off a Geforce 8500 GT and 2 off a Geforce 6200.

Two different models of videocards on the same motherboard - is it possible? It may not cause problems if you are running WinXP & using older drivers but Win7 drivers are too new esp for the 6200. I have an old Nvidia 8800GT which works beautifully in WinXP using drivers 169.21 but when I change the OS to Vista & the drivers to 185.10, the performance dropped dramatically. I have to replace the card for a GTS250.

Even If I take the 8500 out and just run the 6200 I have the problem. The driver is backwards compatible, I can use the same driver that works for the 8500 to drive the 6200. I am using the latest driver that drives both cards. I have tried older drivers and beta drivers and nothing has worked for the 6200.
    pvkid
    Puerto Vallarta Rentals

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If I run the 8500 alone everything works fine. The minimum requirements for the 8500 is 250W. If I run the 6200 alone I get the problem. The minimum requirements for the 6200 is 250W. That is why I do not think it is a power supply problem. I am using a 350W power supply
    pvkid

Can you check the 6200's in another machine?
    Mike

Thanks
    pvkid
    If the MINIMUM power requirements are 250 watts each for both cards and you only have a 350 watt PS, what about the other components in the system?
    My first choice would be to get a larger PS. Rated power doesn't mean that it currently ( no pun ) is delivering 350 watts.
    Second choice is replacing the 6200. Again rated power isn't necessarily actual power.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast