Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have been using a very nice screen print program called SnagIT on my wife's pc for some time now, but it recently started misbehaving (no, I don't recall doing any updates or such, but it's her PC and I don't necessarily hear about stuff until she's fed up). The Misbehavior: The PC, from boot, behaved as if the Print Screen key was stuck down or was being repeatedly pressed. I managed to remove SnagIt from the StartUp folder but encountered another problem: Using ctrl-C, or any other copy technique, would always copy the entire screen instead of the text that was highlighted (when I select a limited amount of text and do a ctrl-C followed by a ctrl-V on another page, it pastes a picture of the entire screen).

I uninstalled SnagIt, but the problem remains. Any idea how to get Windows to go back to copying only the highlighted text instead of the entire screen? Got no real help from the SnagIt folks... evidently this is a new one for them.

Any insight will be appreciated.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RobG View Post
    I have been using a very nice screen print program called SnagIT on my wife's pc for some time now, but it recently started misbehaving (no, I don't recall doing any updates or such, but it's her PC and I don't necessarily hear about stuff until she's fed up). The Misbehavior: The PC, from boot, behaved as if the Print Screen key was stuck down or was being repeatedly pressed. I managed to remove SnagIt from the StartUp folder but encountered another problem: Using ctrl-C, or any other copy technique, would always copy the entire screen instead of the text that was highlighted (when I select a limited amount of text and do a ctrl-C followed by a ctrl-V on another page, it pastes a picture of the entire screen).

I uninstalled SnagIt, but the problem remains. Any idea how to get Windows to go back to copying only the highlighted text instead of the entire screen? Got no real help from the SnagIt folks... evidently this is a new one for them.

Any insight will be appreciated.
    Have you tried a different keyboard? It could be a hardware problem

Lounger
    Thanks
    RobG:

Sounds to me like the Print Screen key is stuck, although I'll admit it could be a software error.

What happens when you reboot? Do you get a keyboard error?