New Lounger
    Thanks
    I just got a new Notebook with Windows 7 Home premium pre-installed. I tried to install my trusted Office 2000, installation worked without a hitch but ... Word does not run. Excel and Powerpoint are OK, but Word just comes up with the title row, a blank "sheet", but no menu, no icons, no status bar, etc and does not react to any keyboard or mouse action.
    Is this a basic incompatibility, or does anybody have an idea what to do (besides upgrading to Office 2007)?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Word 2000 (along with Excel 2000 & Access 2000) works fine on my installation of Windows 7 Ultimate.

It may be that some of the "optional extras" in your Word 2000 installation are at issue. Try choosing Ändern in Control Panel - to remove features - & see if that makes any difference.

FWIW - in the Installation Wizard for the install I run - all the sub-items under Word itself are disabled. The only relevant items that *are* installed under Office Tools are:
    • Digital Signature for VBA projects
    • International Support (excluding Asiatic items)
    • Scanner and Camera Add-In
    • Visual Basic Help
    • Text Converters (all)
    • Graphics Filters (all)
    Grüße

Thanks
    When I installed Office 2000, I ran all of the available updates from the Office Update site before I ever tried to open any of the apps. They all work as expected.

Download and install all available file converters, etc. for later edititions of Office, which will then also kick in the Office 2007 SP1 update.
    Create a fresh drive image before making system changes, in case you need to start over!

"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Savvy?"—Captain Jack Sparrow "When you're troubleshooting, start with the simple and proceed to the complex."—M.O. Johns "Experience is what you get when you're looking for something else."—Sir Thomas Robert Deware.
    Unleash Windows