Thread: Vista SP- None

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello All,
    Having success with reverting my "PC" back to SP-1, i have decided to continue the experiment one step further ( Pre SP-1 )So here goes...
    first to all of you that doubt what im passing on is crazy i suggest that you can try this for yourself and prove me wrong. By the way haven't heard from most of the "usual suspects"regarding this "who needs em" thread. Whats the matter ... afraid of loosing your "common wisdom merit badges" ?
    1. First get a spare hard drive and remove the PC side panel.
    2. Stand the hard drive up and affix it so it can't move around. i used a plastic potato chip clip.( Had it that way for about a month no problems)
    3. Attach power cables and data cables to new drive.
    4. load recovery disks.... and power up
    5. if all goes well you now have your PC back to "day one" (no Micro Squish updates etc.)
    Now you can do the experiment as i have done (see my post MS updates who needs em) Now you can fool with the "OS" as much as you want without the worry of "hosing"your system.Now .....my results now are, my "OS" is now 7.94GB compressed backup down from 14.6GB (all programs aboard) Norton 360 and MalwareBytes doing the "security" thing, Oh... if Micro Squish updates are so wonderful why is it that you all have second party security software??? Also now that Acronis 2010 has worked the bugs out of their "Try & Decide" program (virtual PC mode). Can even survive re-booting, i can surf the web with total confidence. When finished, i select "dump changes" and were back to pristine "PC" So for all that think this is crazy, give it a try besides if you are among the ones that like fooling with the PC this will provide you with hours of fun (until you wife yells at you for spending all your free time with the computer) Now come on "guys" take you best shot ....Regards Fred
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Now that you have this back to the original XP, I would like for you to enlarge the partition to something over 300 gigs, and tell us if you can have full access to this 300 gigs?

Edit,
    Even look at a large drive from this OS?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Gold Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    Now that you have this back to the original XP, I would like for you to enlarge the partition to something over 300 gigs, and tell us if you can have full access to this 300 gigs?

Edit,
    Even look at a large drive from this OS?
    Hello Dave ,
    The short answer is yes, as i have and use "EASEUS Partion Master" v4.0 as well as Acronis 2010, so i can move the entire "OS" to where ever i so choose.ie: make an Acronis "backup" and move it to my old "C:" drive (500GB) using the "re-size" option when doing the recover. Second option is using "EASEUS" to make the "C:" drive (on my experimental hard drive) to whatever size i want (limited by the size of my experimental hard drive) right now and for the moment my experimental drive has 3 partitions , "OS" 250GB, "B:" 30GB (backup area) and ASZ (acronis secure zone) at 100GB. If you want to see what an "OS" looks like pre SP-1 see attachment. Regards Fred
    Attached Images Attached Images
    PlainFred

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free (J. W. Von Goethe)