New Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm sorry -- this is a really dumb question!

Somebody gave my aunt a DVD and she wants to watch it on her PC. She doesn't have a DVD player for her TV. Long story short, I need to find something free I can download to her PC so that she can watch this DVD. I installed iTunes only to discover that it doesn't appear to have this feature and that Windows Media Player seems to require some kind of plugin. As I have never had the desire to watch a DVD on a computer since I have an xBox and PlayStation hooked up to my 60" plasma TV, and before this I've owned DVD players since shortly after DVDs became commonly available.

I'd prefer not to download some kind of time-limited product and it seems that there should be a free player, but I've just spent the past half hour searching to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: In case you the long story, the PC used to be mine. I got a better one and did a wipe-and-reinstall and gave it to her. Her previous laptop was blue-screening constantly; a wipe-and-reinstall didn't cure it. (I then brought it home and was unable to reproduce it, so I gave it to my BF, who has had no problems with it, though I'm not sure he uses it much.)

The PC had come with some DVD playback software but I didn't install it. Now I am recovering from surgery and not up to trying to locate the install disc or going to her house to install it. I can download software to her PC remotely via Go To My PC. The software has to be VERY easy to use as she can barely manage most basic end-user tasks without assistance.

And, well, she and I don't get along well, so I'd prefer not to go to her house, where she will repeatedly offer me warm diet coke as though it's some kind of prize <g>

Thanks

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi!

I'd vote for the VLC media player as a free, simple and robust solution.

Cheers