New Lounger
    Thanks
    When I click on "organize favorites" it gets stuck on "loading" and nothing happens. Thus I am unable to move or delete them.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 925 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Webb View Post
    When I click on "organize favorites" it gets stuck on "loading" and nothing happens. Thus I am unable to move or delete them.
    Is this XP Home or Pro?

What service pack is installed?

Is the system up-to-date with patches?

Does this persist over a re-boot?

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have XP Home, SP 3. Patches should be up-to-date since I opted for automatic updates. This is a recurring problem over a period of time. Thanks for any help you can give.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Webb View Post
    When I click on "organize favorites" it gets stuck on "loading" and nothing happens. [snip]
    Joe didn't ask which version of IE you are using (this is very much related to IE).

I can replicate this with IE8; i.e. using “Organize favorites” in Windows Explorer with IE8 installed. However, it does work in IE. I assume this is what you mean.

[attachment=87293:x2.PNG][attachment=87294:x3.PNG]

I don't use IE as my primary browser, and in fact, I have never used the favorites menu in Windows Explorer during all the years since they added it.

I notice that explorer.exe calls on IE when this menu option is selected (ieframe.dll, ieframe.dll.mui).

There is an old documented case with a red X in the dialogue box; the ieframe case (mentioned for example here, with some suggestions about reg. edits). But for the:
    HKCLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{55136805-B2DE-11D1-B9F2-00A0C98BC547}

I see no direct differences with my key, apart from the "InProcServer32" sub key. And that's the ieframe path etc. so it could very well be something wrong there. However, now we are talking about Internet Explorer 8 and a slightly different case, no red X. I have not researched it any further at the moment; I'm not going to change that, now.

See some threads on this topic, not much help there. I'll look at this when I have some time, I don't use favorites.
    http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=41251
    http://help.iforumz.com/windows-xp-h...ding-2139.html
    http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/mic...tes-blank.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Should this thread be in the Internet Explorer Forum?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I should have mentioned that my ISP is Verizon with MSM Premium. The favorites that I cannot organize are on MSN Explorer. When I click on "Organize Favorites" I get "Loading", but nothing happens.