New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have an issue with a self-built computer. Two different wireless pci cards (both 802.11n) would detect my home network and join it, but when I opened a web browser it said "Server not found". The computer is in my room, where its having issues, however, in the living room it gets online just fine. I have wireless all over (I'm typing this from my laptop right next to the desktop) and I can use a usb adapter to get online in the desktop computer. When either card is in a second desktop (store bought) they work just fine in all locations. Anyone got any advice?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Do you use a graphics card? Sometimes the the slot where the network card is inserted conflicts withthe graphics adapter slot. Ensure PCI bus mastering is enable in the BIOS and change the slot where the wireless card is plugged in. On a full size ATX motherboard, the 3 slot from the graphics card slot uses the same IRQ as the graphics card slot. avoid using it for sound cards or network cards.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    If I understand well, when you have your desktop in your room, the browser doesn't work and when you move this machine to your living room it works just fine. If this is the case, it seems that your room is just too far from the wireless station but close enough to pick part of the signal.
    This eco-post is made of recycled electrons

Thanks
    Hi and welcome

What kind of signal strength does it show in networking? are there any other "neighbors" with wifi that might be blocking you in that one room?

Good Luck
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional-- Windows Expert Consumer 2009---2015
    MCC 2013-2015

Wanikiyi & Dyami--Team ZigZag3143