Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I just recently responded to an offer to update Firefox (I don't remember the versions) and the process eliminated Google and substituted
    a search engine called Ask. I clicked on the command line "Get started", and appear to have downloaded the program. But then when I opened
    Firefox again and clicked on "ask" it opened the download window again.
    How can I get Google back?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Ask.com is not installed by Mozilla but can be added with some 3rd party Firefox add-ons or other programs.

Is this for searching from the location bar?
    If it is try this:
    Type about:config into the location/address bar and press enter
    A warning dialog pops up, confirm this by selecting I'll be careful, I promise
    In the filter box type keyword
    This will bring up some settings containing keyword, right-click on the one called keyword.URL and select Reset

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello - Have you tried this .... Click the very small down arrow to the left in your search box. You should have Google as a choice. Just click Google.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Now I have the googls toolbar restored. But I have a firefox toolbar that appeared somehow, and I don't need that, but I can't find a way toe delete it.
    there also seems to have appeared one for this web site, which I don't need, as I have a bookmark for it.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by asteven1 View Post
    Now I have the googls toolbar restored. But I have a firefox toolbar that appeared somehow, and I don't need that, but I can't find a way toe delete it.
    there also seems to have appeared one for this web site, which I don't need, as I have a bookmark for it.
    As far as I can tell, The Lounge doesn't create any "toolbars." Can you please provide some type of screenshot of what you're seeing?

Did you follow Tony's directions?

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Are they "toolbars" or icon tabs? If icon tabs, try a right click and choose Delete.