2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Just wondering - is it worth buying a USB floppy drive for my new WIndows 7 computer (Windows 7 home premium 64 bit) (which is due to arrive this coming week)? I have seen so much (via google) that suggests that they will not work under WIndows 7, so I might decide to save the expense and simply box my floppies, but if people here have had positive results I'd be interested to know. (Also: which model of USB floppy drive you use...)
    Thanks
    Kind regards
    David
    dwsolo

Thanks
    Golly, David, I though it was only I who had any floppy disks left! And my only recent use of a floppy disk has been for programs which various antivirus products think are Hack Tools - if you make the diskette read-only you can terminate the antivirus product before trying to run the Tool for a second time.

Personally, I would copy all my floppy disks to a USB Flash Drive, and forget about them for ever and ever. You'd probably be able to get your whole collection on a 2 GB UFD.
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    My old Super Drive--a usb floppy drive-- works fine on windows 7, but I agree. It would be silly to buy this outdated drive.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for comments so far
    Actually I suppose the main reason I would want to use floppy is when I use Virtual Box for older OSs but then perhaps those OSes wouldn't see it when it's on USB anyway - doh! Interesting to note that at least one does work with WIn 7 anyway. Cheers.
    Kind regards
    David
    dwsolo

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a rarely used Sony USB Floppy Disk Drive on the shelf, I just plugged it into a Windows 7 computer and it worked fine.