Thread: acpitbl.dat

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I got a new computer core 2 quad 8400 to replace my existing Windows 2003 domain server. I thought the easiest would be to clone the drive, pop it in and just add drivers. First I tested the new server with xp just to see if it was working as advertised. With xp it works. With the cloned drive it gets to acpitbl.dat and then reboots. I've read many a forum post but with no luck. I've done a bios update.

Any and all help will be appreciated

P.S. The cloned drive works on the old server

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanro Viviers View Post
    I got a new computer core 2 quad 8400 to replace my existing Windows 2003 domain server. I thought the easiest would be to clone the drive, pop it in and just add drivers. First I tested the new server with xp just to see if it was working as advertised. With xp it works. With the cloned drive it gets to acpitbl.dat and then reboots. I've read many a forum post but with no luck. I've done a bios update.
    When you switch hardware as you've done the very basic drivers just to boot the system need to be updated. You probably need to repair the installation on the cloned drive. That should rebuild the basics to let you get booted.

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Did the repair. Made a backup on the old server and restored on the new server. Reloaded drivers and bob's your uncle. Thanx for the help.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanro Viviers View Post
    Did the repair. Made a backup on the old server and restored on the new server. Reloaded drivers and bob's your uncle. Thanx for the help.
    You're welcome. Glad you got it worked out. Thanks for posting back.

Joe
    Joe