Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Mystery problem - any ideas would be gratefully received. I have developed a web site for a local business and one of the pages is a links page. Using:

<div class = "leftscroll" style="overflow-y: scroll; width:250; height:320; border:0 #000000 solid; text-align: center; padding: 2px">

- it works fine, putting in two scrolling windows of links. See it at:

www.alythsolutions.co.uk/text/links.htm

I am now redesigning the site so that the main pages are all in one page to smooth the viewing experience and when I incorporate the scrolling bits into the test page the scrolling doesn't work. I get a long page with a scrollbar that goes the height of it. Problem appears in IE8, Mozilla and Opera. See that at:

www.alythsolutions.co.uk/text/index_sandbox4.htm (click on the Links button on the navigation bar)

Had it validated by W3C validator - OK. What might be going on?

Rex Last

Thanks
    First thing I notice: in standards mode, you need a unit of measure after a dimension. E.g., "width:250px;height:320px;" (if you are using pixels). Does that help?

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Many grateful thanks. It did the trick! I could have stared at that line for a fortnight and still not got it. The only puzzle is - why did it work in the links.htm page at all? Possibly something to do with the complexity of the sandbox page - and odder still that it worked in Opera, IE and Mozilla.

Once again thanks.

Rex Last