3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Birthdays (Outlook 2000)

I am trying to learn how to manage birthday information in Outlook. I would like to thank the two people who helped me yesterday in another thread.
    I have another question. If a birthday is entered as occurring in 2001, do I have to manually change it once the birthday has passed? Will Outlook do it for me automatically?
    Thank you very much.
    Alan Silberlight

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Birthdays (Outlook 2000)

I have just opened my sister's contact file, added her date of birth on the Details tab. When I went to May of 2002, she shows. Are you entering the birthday the same way, and it doesn't work? I have 2000 SR-1.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Dreamboat,
    You have helped me before in matters dealing with PowerPoint. I appreciate this response. Perhaps I erred in entering a person's birthdate as (for example) April 21, 2001. Is it that I should not enter a date that has already occurred? And once April 21, 2002 passes, will Outlook automatically change it to 2003? If you look at yesterday's postings, you see that I have been looking for a surefire way to see which of my contacts have birthday's in a particular month. Thank you again.
    Alan Silberlight

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unfortunately, I can only go by what I'm doing here at home. When I entered my sister's birthdate, I entered May 25, 2001. Outlook automatically created it as a recurring event and I was able to view it in the May 2002 calendar.

I am viewing my calendar in "month" view (make sure you are viewing your advanced toolbar--View-Toolbars-Advanced). I then right-click the calendar and choose "Go to Date" and change 2001 to 2002, and her birthday appears there.

When I view Annual Events, I see a "recurrence range start" for May 25, 2001. I also see under "recurrence pattern", it states "every May 25".

If you're sure you're viewing it properly, so that you can really see it, then perhaps it is your Outlook that is not behaving properly.

The following link is to an MS Knowledgebase article that describes command-line switches that can be used to "repair" Outlook 2000. You may want to run the /cleanviews to be sure you're not filtering anything out? <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q197/1/80.ASP?>http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/ar...s/Q197/1/80.ASP?</A>

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Dreamboat,
    Thank you for showing me how to view birthday's in calendar view. It did work and this is just what I need. Once again, I am most appreciative.
    Sincerely,
    Alan Silberlight