Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notifications

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    I know I have mentioned this before but I really have no idea why it is happening or how to correct it. I have to sign in here every time I visit even thought I repeatedly tell it to remember me. Also, again, I am not getting email notifications to subscribed threads even though they show I am subscribed to them and email notifications should be coming to me. I have checked and all my settings are what they should be as far as I know. Am I the only one with these problems? If not then what must I do for them to be corrected? When I had this problem before and asked about it all of a sudden every started working correctly. Then yesterday I started another thread and there was a reply which I got no notification for. When I came here to see if there were any replies I had to sign in again. I just have no idea why this is happening again.

Thanks.
    H Lewton

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    This is probably caused by a recent problem with wopr.com addresses. If you change this to http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?act=idx then you will no longer get the problem. The admins are trying to fix this, so the problem may go away if you wait a day or two.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    We're actively working on the notification logic, especially regarding digests. Watch for further information as we get it clarified internally.

If you're having login problems, I'm thinking at the moment that it has to do with a combination of bookmarks you're using and our server's current handling of wopr.com URLs. I'm going to work on the problem as soon as I'm back in the office tomorrow, but in the meantime check your bookmarks to make sure that you're going to lounge.windowssecrets.com and not wopr.com.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the replies. I am changing my shortcut to the this one http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?act=idx
    H Lewton

Lounger
    Thanks
    I too cannot get notifications of replies. I have one topic set to insrant and another set to 'one reply'.

Sending myself a test mail never arrives.
    Seymour

Lounger
    Thanks
    Further info:

Testing forwarding topics to my backup email address works. Testing the same to my primary address does not.
    Seymour

Lounger
    Thanks
    Additional info - mail is not being received through the email address at my web host. However my backup address is via my ISP and that one works.

Exact detailscan be furnished via PM if required.
    Seymour

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunrisecc View Post
    Additional info - mail is not being received through the email address at my web host. However my backup address is via my ISP and that one works.
    Is it possible that the host for your primary address has some sort of Spam filtering in place, and Windows Secrets Lounge is on that list? You chould check with the host.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Lounger
    Thanks
    I get the newsletter and I received the registration email at the primary email address.

It is really up to the sender to verify, not the recipient. I do not have access to the details/logs that the sender has.

It could be something as simple that the reverse lookup is failing/missing.

The problems started with the latest change.
    Seymour

Thanks
    "It is really up to the sender to verify, not the recipient" - How? - is the sender supposed to verify that the sender's address is not on several million spam lists?
    "The problems started with the latest change." - which particular "latest change"? There have been several changes implemented recently.
    John

Thanks
    FWIW, I have been getting neither newsletters nor notifications since around December 15th - I am actively chasing this up with my ISP (1and1.co.uk)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    FWIW, I have been getting neither newsletters nor notifications since around December 15th - I am actively chasing this up with my ISP (1and1.co.uk)
    Please let me know what you find out.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    "It is really up to the sender to verify, not the recipient" - How? - is the sender supposed to verify that the sender's address is not on several million spam lists?
    "The problems started with the latest change." - which particular "latest change"? There have been several changes implemented recently.

The sending host only has to check the logs and see what has transpired. Armed with the logs, it is easy to then open a ticket with my web host. I have solved many problems of my clients taking this approach when emails never arrived. The logs will tell you if the mail was rejected and why; or they can show that the mail was indeed sent successfully.

Since it is happening to a few of us (there are other topics in this forum), the inital research must be done by the admins of this board.

My web host is Invision. This board software is Invision. There already exists a relationship.

At the very least, one would need to know which mail server is being used by this board.
    Seymour

Lounger
    Thanks
    I should also add that this morning I requested a re-sending of my reader number. That email arrived at my primary email address promptly.
    Seymour

Thanks
    "Since it is happening to a few of us (there are other topics in this forum), the inital research must be done by the admins of this board."

Then hopefully one of the Admins will see this and respond.
    John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast