Thanks
    Windows updates history dissapeared. This started happening around the last Patch Tuesday. It used to show all the updates since I installed Windows, now they're all gone. Even the Windows Defender definition updates I get every few days, I see it in the history after I install it, but after I turn off or re-start my computer. they dissapear from the update history too.

However in the Control Panel, Programs and Features, 10 Windows updates are listed as installed. I have never touched the Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder which I read contains the setup files of downloaded and installed Windows updates.

I tried to post pictures but no matter if it's a PNG, JPG, BMP, or GIF this forum gives me an error: "You are not allowed to upload images with that file extension."

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Just uploaded an image, seems to work fine at least for jpg. Are you sure you're not exceeding the file limit size?

Are you running 32 or 64-bit? If 64, it sometimes reports incomplete or confusing results since two lists (32-bit and 64-bit) of things are being kept and it doesn't always combine them but I don't know if this is such a problem or not.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gandolff View Post
    I tried to post pictures but no matter if it's a PNG, JPG, BMP, or GIF this forum gives me an error: "You are not allowed to upload images with that file extension."
    Just checking - but what is your setting in Control Panel|Folder Options for "Hide file extensions of known file types"?

If you have that checked, then uncheck it. You may be trying to upload images such as *image.JPG.jpg*. If so, then rename them to *image.jpg*.

HTH
    Grüße