New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi everybody,

I have a problem with my sound configuration on Window 7 64 bit installation.

The problem is that the level of sound is at minimum level all the time even with level settings at maximum. Secondly the sound played sometime is ok and sometimes is distorted like being played by aliens. I have downloaded and installed the latest version of my Asus M/B driver. When I test everything looks right and the PC notification sound level is ok.

With applications is a different story. When I watch Youtube clips some sounds are ok, some are distorted and some do not have sound at all.

Could you please help me with this?

I appreciate your help.

Thanks
    Is this a new machine?
    Did the trouble just start?
    Have you checked the obvious things inside the box, like reseating the sound card ( if it is not on-board sound ) in it's slot, loose cables, etc.?
    Sometimes it's good to start with the simple things first.

An old engineering saying is: "Don't look for the hundred dollar problem when it's only a nickle or dime one".

Give us some more info as to what you have checked so far.
    BOB
    http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/flags/USA.gif http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/S/f...sachusetts.gif

Long ago, there was a time when men cursed and beat on the ground with sticks. It was called witchcraft.
    Today it is called golf!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Is this a new machine? No, This was workig OK with XP before.
    Did the trouble just start? Started since I installed Win 7.
    Have you checked the obvious things inside the box, like reseating the sound card ( if it is not on-board sound ) in it's slot, loose cables, etc.? It is On-board sound. Yes I have checked, there is no loose cable.

Sometimes it's good to start with the simple things first. Yes I know and I've done that. Last night I noticed that on some Youtube clips the singer voice does not exist, but erything else is ok, just like Kareoke.

An old engineering saying is: "Don't look for the hundred dollar problem when it's only a nickle or dime one". I am an elerical engineer myself and it makes sense.

Thanks for your help.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't know if you have done this or if it will help, but: Have you checked to make sure your drivers are up to date and compatible with Win7 and have not got issues with 64-bit installations. Running Windows update helped with some issues I had. If you have already done this, try going to the website for the maker of your onboard sound card (or the website for your brand of computer). They may have updated drivers to resolve issues involving Win7. Make sure that the drivers are for 64 bit if you are given the choice.
    Hope this helps.

Hell hath no fury like a Hippopotamus with a machine gun!

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I had this problem too, coming from Vista Home Prem. 64 bit to W7 Home Prem. 64 bit. Sounds were very loud (I did an UPGRADE and expected all settings to hold).

I was able to 'solve' this, although not completely.

Under Vista, I only had my RealTek sound applet and mixer on the Systray. Under W7, not only is that there, but so is W7's sound applet and mixer.

What I did was open the W7 applet and then the mixer and lowered that to what I wanted. Every time a new program opened, I had to do that. Worked well but it gets tiring fast. Now that I've been running for awhile, only when I install new programs does this have to be done.

I now assume if I had shut-off the RealTek or W7 sound applet or mixer and only had one running, I wouldn't have had this problem, but...

You might have the same problem, see if you have 2 volume controls and mixers running. Try not starting one and see if this clears it?

Irv S.