Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    What kinds of problems Paul? I just set up a new HP Win7 box...
    I can't remember all the details (and networking is not my strong suit) but it was on my former HP Vista box when I first went to DSL about 2-3 years ago. I initially set up a wireless connection but switched to hardwired as the router was right next to the computer. The connection to the internet would drop a number of times during the day, particularly when waking up. I'd lose my IP address, I think. Running network diagnostics corrected the issue when it occurred, but that got to be a pain after a while. The problem disappeared when I disabled the wireless adapter in Device Manager. Having both adapters on probably caused some networking conflicts.
    Regards,
    PaulB

Thanks
    Thanks Paul. As I said, I didn't encounter any problems here, but then I only had the machine for a little over a day. I'll instruct my friend to disable the wireless adapter, just to eliminate any possible conflicts.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

5 Star Lounger
    Patterson Lakes, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
    Thanks
    Josh, I had 3 computers on brand new WIn 7 installations. 2 of them couldn't see the 3rd. Spent almost 6 hours on phone with MS over 4 sessions. Eventually they found that disabling 'User Account Control' worked. Now all 3 computers can see each other. I originally balked at disabling UAC but the MS techs said it wasn't really needed with a good security program installed. (I use Norton Internet Security).
    Hope this works for you
    Regards,
    Peter

New Lounger
    Thanks
    [hi

i 2 have the same problem on a 7 ultimate 32bit dual boot with xp pro. OK on install for a while then after i boot up the lan does not connect up. I then restart the computer and it then connects. OK on xp no problem at all. if i do it with vista no problems either.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have the same problem on both my Vista Home premium and Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium computers. I have a Linksys WRT54GS 4 port router and connected to both computers via Ethernet. Actually the problem started before I replaced my Win XP PRO SP3 computer with the Win 7-64 box. I am always able to regain a connection via the Disable/Enable procedure without rebooting. I have not found a cure yet; this has been going on for 4 weeks.

As I was typing this, I thought about my HP printer that would lose USB connection and required a power down of the printer and power up. I solved this problem by changing my Power options on the computer. I had it set to hibernate and I stopped the hibernation and the printer problem disappeared. I am going to try this on the lose internet connection problem.

If anyone has another possible solution to the lose internet connection, I would be glad to her it too.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Karl Whisennand View Post
    I have the same problem on both my Vista Home premium and Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium computers. I have a Linksys WRT54GS 4 port router and connected to both computers via Ethernet. Actually the problem started before I replaced my Win XP PRO SP3 computer with the Win 7-64 box. I am always able to regain a connection via the Disable/Enable procedure without rebooting. I have not found a cure yet; this has been going on for 4 weeks.

As I was typing this, I thought about my HP printer that would lose USB connection and required a power down of the printer and power up. I solved this problem by changing my Power options on the computer. I had it set to hibernate and I stopped the hibernation and the printer problem disappeared. I am going to try this on the lose internet connection problem.

If anyone has another possible solution to the lose internet connection, I would be glad to her it too.
    odd I have the same router, when I loose internet connection I can still see/access the other computers on the network. yours also?

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Just a thought but have you tried looking at your nic connection settings to see what speed and duplex its set for? Maybe changing it from Auto to 100/Full or vice versa just to see if that makes a difference.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12