Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    I decided that it was high time the coffee drips, tomato ketchup stains and dried snot were rinsed off my Logitech V-SU61 keyboard so I set the main machine to playing away my teenage years, unplugged said keyboard and trotted off to the kitchen where a bowl of warm soapy water awaited us.
    The stains were soon removed with the aid of my 50c plastic dish brush, but I noticed several tufts of wet ginger hair hanging from the bristles.
    Now I don't have ginger hair.
    Nor did I ever.
    So I trotted back to the office end, undid the sixteen Philips-head screws on the underside of the keyboard (can you say "overkill"?), and after a few minutes of reflection, removed the two sticky-rubber footpads and removed two more Philips-head screws on the underside of the keyboard (now you can say "overkill"!), and discovered to my delight that the upper- and lower-parts are self-contained assemblies.
    What a clever design!
    So, its Ho! to the bathtub and turn the taps on full blast and pressure-hose about two dozen (I kid you not!) wads of ginger fur, each wad about the size of my little finger, out of the keyboard.
    Too late I remembered to put the plug in the bath, so tomorrow's project is probably de-clogging the bathtub drain.
    Assuming I get a plumber's snake for Christmas.
    Back in the office I opened a window a jar and propped the keyboard-upper in the gap to see whether it would dry before it froze, or not.
    Meanwhile I was regretting my decision to listen to Chubby Checker, but what's a guy to do?
    After 15 minutes I decided my sanity was worth more than a wet keyboard, so I pushed the parts together without the 18 screws reasoning that any short-circuit would generate enough steam to pop the upper- from the lower- without damage; a bit like my coffee-maker when the reservoir runs out of water.
    Several hours later we are back to a regular life; Andre Previn tinkling away on the juke box, me wrapping up the day, by typing this up, and Jupiter wandering around the desk between my eyes and the monitor, fat pig that he is.
    Oh yes.
    And what IS Jupiter getting for Christmas?

A MERRY AND HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL.
    (*)It's our seventh Christmas together

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    I once reassembled a keyboard too soon after wet-cleaning the parts. It never worked correctly after that.

I'm not sure Jupiter will like his Christmas gift...
    [attachment=87385:Jupiter.jpg]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HansV View Post
    I once reassembled a keyboard too soon after wet-cleaning the parts. It never worked correctly after that.
    I know the situation; but in this case the upper part is a self-contained all-plastic keyboard-mechanical piece.
    I felt comfortable jetting high-pressure hot-water over and through the keys.
    It's a rather clever design.
    I'm not sure Jupiter will like his Christmas gift...
    Tomorrow morning, we will unwrap what we will unwrap ....