Thanks
    I apologize if this is the wrong forum...

When I am trying to edit Windows Live stationery within Live Mail, I get the error below -- I tried associating the edit to notepad fro quick edits, but that didn't fix this issue.

What is it looking for? If I associate "Open" with a program, then links won't open correctly...

?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I get the same thing and someone may know the procedure when in Live Mail for associating the filetype. You should have a My Stationery folder in your user documents (if not you can search specifically for one of the filenames and find the location) that you can access directly and either edit the background picture or the htm file.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron Tarbox View Post
    I get the same thing and someone may know the procedure when in Live Mail for associating the filetype. You should have a My Stationery folder in your user documents (if not you can search specifically for one of the filenames and find the location) that you can access directly and either edit the background picture or the htm file.
    Byron, yes, I've found and used that folder. The problem with Live Mail stationery is that it's not "standard" html -- like Outlook's stationery. So it would be a lot more convenient to edit it right in LM.

Since the message mentions the association, there should be a way, I would think.

Regards,
    Chuck
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Try this then if you haven't. Go into Control Panel>Default Programs>Set Associations and find the .htm file. Highlight it and click on Change Program... and set it to Notepad.

Then go back to Live Mail and see if it works.

Thanks
    Byron;

I tried that, but it didn't want to accept it.

So I've tried an html editor, and notepad. What the heck could it be looking for?

Regards,
    Chuck Billow

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I don't know, I tried the steps I posted and it jumped right into notepad for editing when I went back to Live Mail.