Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    After spending the morning at my son's home for Christmas with our two grandsons, I went to visit my Billie at the nursing home for a Christmas dinner and a little hand-holding. I had bought Billie a new pair of New Balance shoes for Christmas since that's her fave brand and her last pair was pretty ratty. When we were un-boxing them to try them on her, I happened to read a tag from New Balance attempting to explain the "Made in the USA" label on the shoes. Interestingly, in explaining what constitutes "legit" labeling of Made in the USA, they talked about our government's FTC (Federal Trade Commission for those not in the know) and the rules for labeling a product thusly.

It brought back nostalgia memories of my earlier days in the IBM typewriter manufacturing business where the company was required to report to the government the EXACT makeup of every typewriter and the source and assembly of each and every part. I had the misfortune to be one of the "scorekeepers" in that process and it was time consuming and jaw busting work requiring tons of paperwork and many hours of time and documentation.

I was so glad when that ceased to be one of my responsibilities!

THEN, I got my head on straight and reverted to having a real Christmas afternoon with "my girl."

[attachment=87394:2009-12-25_180943.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigaldoc View Post
    THEN, I got my head on straight and reverted to having a real Christmas afternoon with "my girl."
    So you got back around to your 'maid' in America!

How is Billie? Any recent pictures to share? I always look forward to your comments about her and how well you stay connected given the circumstances. You are a good husband and the two of you are a wonderful example of a beautiful marriage. It sounds like you had a great Christmas (except for the flashback to the old job at IBM).
    <font face="Comic Sans MS">MickeyMouse</font face=comic>
    How best to describe the Lounge-
    "Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is success"

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMouse View Post
    How is Billie? Any recent pictures to share?
    I don't have any of the two of us taken recently, but a few days ago, I think someone reported a problem with uploading attachments. Evidently Tony Johnston was testing something and I joined in to make sure I could still include attachments (in the Test Forum).

This picture was taken a few days before Christmas when the Marine Corps Association guys visited the nursing home as they periodically do. One of the guys dressed as Santa and he was the tallest Santa I'd ever seen. But, seeing as he's a former Marine, I wasn't going to say anything. Here's staff taken photo-op of Billie with Santa. She got a kick out of it, so I made it up as a quasi-Christmas card and sent it to my siblings who are scattered in three parts of the USA. (You can see my knee off to the right)

Here's the post.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    This picture was taken a few days before Christmas when the Marine Corps Association guys visited the nursing home as they periodically do. One of the guys dressed as Santa and he was the tallest Santa I'd ever seen. But, seeing as he's a former Marine, I wasn't going to say anything. Here's staff taken photo-op of Billie with Santa. She got a kick out of it, so I made it up as a quasi-Christmas card and sent it to my siblings who are scattered in three parts of the USA. (You can see my knee off to the right)
    Thanks for sharing BigAl, She looks! By the look on her face it would appear that she was questioning who this guy really was. I am not sure she is buying the red suit and beard.
    "Coming together is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is success"

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMouse View Post
    ... I am not sure she is buying the red suit and beard.
    Well yes and no. She knew the Marines were coming and I think she was giving him the once-over to see if she knew who he is. They've been there a number of times and many of the residents recognize them even without their red (Marine) jackets and red garrison caps. Billie has a soft spot in her heart for Vietnam vets because of her brother and mine as well as her nephew who is dead now. She usually gives 'Nam vets her best salute as you can see in this animated GIF I made a long time ago:

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Well yes and no. She knew the Marines were coming and I think she was giving him the once-over to see if she knew who he is. They've been there a number of times and many of the residents recognize them even without their red (Marine) jackets and red garrison caps. Billie has a soft spot in her heart for Vietnam vets because of her brother and mine as well as her nephew who is dead now. She usually gives 'Nam vets her best salute as you can see in this animated GIF I made a long time ago:

That is some snappy salute! Both of my brothers were Marines and Nam vets so I am with you on that.