3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I just bought a new and larger external hard drive. I thought it would be simple to change the existing path of the Pictures folder in my Library...but I can't find how to do it!

Any suggestions???
    Barbara<div align='center'></div>

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    In Windows Explorer, under the Organise Menu, choose Layout and then check Naviagtion Area. (I'm working from a German language version - so the terms might be slightly different in your version.) That should bring up a "Tree View" on the left hand side.

The first subfolder of your Pictures Library is My Pictures. Right Click on that in the Tree View and choose Path.

Then navigate to your new Hard Drive and set your folder there. You should then receive a prompt asking you whether you want to transfer the entire contents. Choose Yes.

In future, when you click on the Pictures Library, your first folder shown should be the relocated My Pictures folder on your external Hard Drive.
    Grüße

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    I just bought a new and larger external hard drive. I thought it would be simple to change the existing path of the Pictures folder in my Library...but I can't find how to do it!

Any suggestions???
    If you right click on the library and choose properties then you will get a dialog box that will allow you to add folders to the library, and to change the default save location for that library.

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartR View Post
    If you right click on the library and choose properties then you will get a dialog box that will allow you to add folders to the library, and to change the default save location for that library.
    And don't forget to backup your external hard drive!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post

Any suggestions???
    The concept of Libraries in Windows 7 is different from prior versions of Windows. See Understanding Windows 7 Libraries - The Windows Blog for a discussion.

You can create a new folder on your new drive and include it in your Pictures library leaving the your already existing pictures and folders alone. If you want to change the location of the "My Pictures" folder that is part of the Pictures Library expand the Pictures library, right click on "My Pictures", select Properties and then the Location tab.

Joe