2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I just ported an Access 2007 application to a new computer which yielded some results that have me mystified. Vertical text-line spacing on the new install is much greater than on the machine it was ported from ... both on the screen display and the printed report. The reports in which this is happening are multi-page text reports with a dozen or so data variables interspersed within the fixed text - think boilerplate. Hard page-breaks are utilized. The left & right print margins are well within the limits of printer in stalled on the machine I'm having the problem.

I've gone through the report design in detail on each machine and have found no differences. This application has been ported to over 10 other machines with no such problem, even on a Apple! I re-installed the application a second time with the same end result. I tried setting Adobe PDF as the defualt printer on both machines which yielded no change.

My thinking right now is it must have something to do with the hardware, e.g. graphics card or printer/driver, but that's really only a desperate grasp. Appreciate any thoughts on things to look at?

Marty

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    One other possibility comes to mind - does the font being used in the report exist on the PC in question? If it doesn't then you may have font substution in play where the specified font is being replaced by one that has a larger line spacing. It might help us come up with other suggestions if you could post a sanitized post with PDF attachements from the affected PC and another unaffected PC.
    Wendell

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Double checked the fonts being used against what's on the problem machine ... they are all present and accounted for. Still scrathing my head on how to go about creating a striped down db to post. I don't think I can get anywhere close to the file size limit on uploads.