Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
  1. #1
    Platinum Lounger
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Yilgarn region of Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    5,453
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well, it said "Start a new thread", and I thought: What can I offer that won't cost me an arm and a leg?
    There's a story behind this gift, and Norma better have a good one when she returns from Montreal.
    In the meantime I'd be grateful if any of you can come up with a suggestion, apart from lopping off my left arm at the shoulder ...

    P.S. I've already run through my gamut of purl/perl related gags.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Platinum Lounger
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    A Magic Forest in Deepest, Darkest Kent
    Posts
    5,681
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    It looks pretty 'armless Chris
    Jerry

  3. #3
    Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Mexico City, D.F., Mexico
    Posts
    81
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I would call it an undecided-global-warming-sweater !
    This eco-post is made of recycled electrons

  4. #4
    4 Star Lounger pauliez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    493
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe she is trying to tell you to have a tattoo of her portrait put on you left deltoid!

    Or a squadron of moths got into the box!
    Catz

  5. #5
    Platinum Lounger
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Yilgarn region of Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    5,453
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Bernhardt View Post
    It looks pretty 'armless Chris
    HelLO!
    The color of that chain-saw, is it ....

  6. #6
    Platinum Lounger
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Yilgarn region of Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    5,453
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliez View Post
    Maybe she is trying to tell you to have a tattoo of her portrait put on you left deltoid!
    Go no father!
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliez View Post
    Or a squadron of moths got into the box!
    She's not a mother!

  7. #7
    Platinum Lounger
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Yilgarn region of Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    5,453
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephane Quenson View Post
    I would call it an undecided-global-warming-sweater !
    So, into the hall closet on a Copen-hanger?

  8. #8
    Platinum Lounger
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    A Magic Forest in Deepest, Darkest Kent
    Posts
    5,681
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgreaves View Post
    HelLO!
    The color of that chain-saw, is it ....
    So how else do you think I made my Santa Hat?
    Jerry

  9. #9
    Platinum Lounger
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Yilgarn region of Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    5,453
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Bernhardt View Post
    So how else do you think I made my Santa Hat?
    Well, knowing you, it involved 3KG of Bicarbonate of soda, a fully-charged car battery, 6 pieces of quarter-inch 3-ply, and a house void of ettes(1) for three hours, at a bare minimum.

    (1)As in "let'sleeve him alone"
    (Ouch! I felt t'hat!)

  10. #10
    Super Moderator BATcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    A cultural area in SW England
    Posts
    3,421
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 195 Times in 175 Posts
    I've heard of Scarlet Women - but mostly-Scarlet Men?

    Still, we are talking Canada...
    BATcher

    Time prevents everything happening all at once...

  11. #11
    Platinum Lounger
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Yilgarn region of Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    5,453
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BATcher View Post
    I've heard of Scarlet Women - but mostly-Scarlet Men?
    Oooooh! I'm telling Norma on you! She'll be flattered!

  12. #12
    New Lounger
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Canary Islands (Spain)
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Maybe it was Norma's way of telling you "I'll be back to finish you off" - oooooer
    Economical to run but not cheap to acquire

  13. #13
    Platinum Lounger
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Yilgarn region of Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    5,453
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyndy61 View Post
    ... telling you "I'll be back to finish you off"
    Turns out the back was OK. She asked me to try it on, so I did, took a photo of myself and emailed it to her; she replied that I had it on back to front, and I'd folded it away by then, so I used MSPaint to rotate the photo around the vertical axis ("Use a bigger hammer") and she said that looked better, even 'though all the books in the bookcase had reversed titles.
    She had run out of wool and was worrying about where to get enough wool for a single sleeve from the same dye batch, so I leapt in offering a solution.
    We are now negotiating a sleeveless pullover, act as a sort of robin-read-breast waistcoat under a jacket, and the neck modified so it isn't quite so roll-neck.
    Shades of decapitation ....

  14. #14
    3 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    299
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisgreaves View Post
    Turns out the back was OK. She asked me to try it on, so I did, took a photo of myself and emailed it to her; she replied that I had it on back to front, and I'd folded it away by then, so I used MSPaint to rotate the photo around the vertical axis ("Use a bigger hammer") and she said that looked better, even 'though all the books in the bookcase had reversed titles.
    She had run out of wool and was worrying about where to get enough wool for a single sleeve from the same dye batch, so I leapt in offering a solution.
    We are now negotiating a sleeveless pullover, act as a sort of robin-read-breast waistcoat under a jacket, and the neck modified so it isn't quite so roll-neck.
    Shades of decapitation ....
    Well, just as an fyi, unless that yarn is really "antique" (pre 1990s), most yarns today don't have a dye lot due to advanced technology in the sheep industry, so maybe she got it on sale and now there's none left. Appears to be Red Heart Vanna White to me, and I know they do discontinue some shades, which is sort of irritating when you're making something and then run out of it. The alternative waistcoat would be easier than trolling through yarn shops. Nice cable pattern!
    Carpy Diem, it's .

  15. #15
    Platinum Lounger
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Yilgarn region of Toronto, Ontario
    Posts
    5,453
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by garbsmj View Post
    .. something and then run out of it. The alternative waistcoat would be easier than trolling through yarn shops.
    (Gives me an idea.)
    I used to manage sheep farms when I was a fearless teenager. What do you think of the idea of staking out a bit of my balcony and raising a few different-colored sheep? Those micro-yarns must come from v. small sheep, no?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •