New Lounger
    Thanks
    OK, guys I am brand new here and will probably mess this up but here goes:
    Inatalled Win 7 some time ago and have been using Windows Live Mail which is good but now I want to add a second User Account on this computer and want both users to share the same Contact list. I thought that I could do this by simply putting the list in the "Public" User directory but this doesn't work. I don't want to Import the main listing into the second User directory and have to keep two Contact listings updated. I just want to have one Contact listing and have it shared by two Users on this computer. Not shared over networks, just two Users. I know this is simple but I am definately missing something with it. Would really appreciate some help getting this set up.

Thanks

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    I am not an expert on WLM, but I do not think it is possible to share contacts.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks
    You should be able to import your contacts to the new user once you have that account set up.

[Then you would have to know where to import them from].

this will show you where your storage folders are currently located:
    TOOLS->OPTIONS->ADVANCED->MAINTENANCE->STORE FOLDER
    Remember: Open up the "contacts" folder within Live Mail, then use File>>import/export function.
    or

You may also export your contacts to some other empty folder and then re-import them to the
    new user account from there.

REMEMBER: the import/export functions don't move the default locations, they only
    import/export content.

Hope this helps
    C
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CLiNT View Post
    You should be able to import your contacts to the new user once you have that account set up.

[Then you would have to know where to import them from].

this will show you where your storage folders are currently located:
    TOOLS->OPTIONS->ADVANCED->MAINTENANCE->STORE FOLDER
    Remember: Open up the "contacts" folder within Live Mail, then use File>>import/export function.
    or

You may also export your contacts to some other empty folder and then re-import them to the
    new user account from there.

REMEMBER: the import/export functions don't move the default locations, they only
    import/export content.

Hope this helps
    C
    As far as I can see, the TOOLS->OPTIONS->ADVANCED->MAINTENANCE->STORE FOLDER only tells you where your personal message store is located, not where the contacts folder is.

For a similar problem see my post at http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/ind...owtopic=772843