Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Is there a way to disable the text on the right-hand side of the screen when browsing the forums? It's quite unnecessary and takes up a lot of real estate. If there is something in my settings then I guess I've overlooked it.

Thank you!
    What if your local back-up disks are stolen or damaged (fire, flood, earthquake)
    What are you going to do?
    LOCAL and OFFSITE back-up - the only true way to protect your data.

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rlindsay View Post
    Is there a way to disable the text on the right-hand side of the screen when browsing the forums? It's quite unnecessary and takes up a lot of real estate. If there is something in my settings then I guess I've overlooked it.
    If you're talking about this "columnar" section, I don't think you can turn it off. It's originally meant for advertisements, I think.

[attachment=87406:2009-12-27_181351.png]
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    There are methods to do it with a particular browser but there is no "official" IP Board configuration.
    Jerry

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Bummer. Well thank you for the reply. - any tips on which browser and add-on to use.
    What if your local back-up disks are stolen or damaged (fire, flood, earthquake)
    What are you going to do?
    LOCAL and OFFSITE back-up - the only true way to protect your data.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rlindsay View Post
    any tips on which browser and add-on to use.
    You can do this using Firefox but it does not involve an add-on, instead you have to create a file that modifies how the Lounge is displayed.

First of all close Firefox then go to the Firefox profile folder. Inside the profile folder go to the chrome folder and check to see if there is a file called userContent.css (by default it does not exist). You can create this file using a text editor, ensuring that the filename is in lowercase except for the first letter C. Add the following code to that file:

Code:
    @namespace url('http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml');

@-moz-document domain("lounge.windowssecrets.com") {
    #content {width:100%!important;}
    #right_column {display:none!important} 
    }
    When you restart Firefox and go to the Lounge, the above code will hide the right-hand column and expand the main column to the full width of the Lounge.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyE View Post
    You can do this using Firefox but it does not involve an add-on, instead you have to create a file that modifies how the Lounge is displayed.

First of all close Firefox then go to the Firefox profile folder. Inside the profile folder go to the chrome folder and check to see if there is a file called userContent.css (by default it does not exist). You can create this file using a text editor, ensuring that the filename is in lowercase except for the first letter C. Add the following code to that file:

Code:
    @namespace url('http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml');

@-moz-document domain("lounge.windowssecrets.com") {
    #content {width:100%!important;}
    #right_column {display:none!important} 
    }
    When you restart Firefox and go to the Lounge, the above code will hide the right-hand column and expand the main column to the full width of the Lounge.
    Very useful - thank you!