Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi everyone

There must be a thread about this, but I don't seem to be putting in the right search parameters.

I want to upgrade my Office 2003 to Office Home & Student 2007, but I want to keep using Outlook 2003 because it isn't included.

Is this possible? If so, how?

Thanks for your help.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    I have not used Office Home & Student 2007, but in other versions of Office 2007, I was given the option of retaining previous versions of Office programs that already had been installed - as part of the installation wizard.

Hope This Helps
    Gre

Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, guess I'll just do a backup and try it.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Install Microsoft Connexctor and your office 2007 will automatically run any office 2003 program.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If you are referring to this product - Microsoft Office Outlook Hotmail Connector - it will let an Outlook 2003 user pull in email from Hotmail, MSN, etc. However it won't run office 2003 programs per se. And I believe the issue the original poster was trying to resolve is whether or not installing Office 2007 Home and Student edition would delete his Outlook 2003 program.
    Wendell

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Yes. You can install multiple versions of Office and run them together, though you will need to make a registry change to stop the 'reconfiguration process' each time you swap versions.

The only proviso is that you cannot have more than one version of Outlook installed. However, that should not affect your installation as S&T 2007 does not include Outlook. You will not be able to use any automation between the Office 2007 apps and Outlook 2003 though. Again, that should not be a concern if you keep both versions of Office installed.