Thanks
    On my daughter's laptop, I'm trying to get the mouse so that it waits for a click to activate a choice. On the "Ease of Access" panel, I found the item in the Control Panel to *not* have the item selected when the mouse hovers, but it still does it -- after about 6-7 seconds.

What am I missing here?
    -------------------------------------------------
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience - well, that comes from poor judgment."

~ A(lan) A(lexander) Milne (1882-1956)- "House at Pooh Corner"

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    AFAICS your daughter is being told that *if* she clicks where the mouse is, then that particular choice will be implemented. The idea seems to be to tell your daughter than she has the mouse in the right place.

If nothing were highlighted, that would be telling the user that nothing would happen if a click were made. The same would be so when clicking in one corner of the screen when the desired choice is at the opposite corner.
    Grüße

Thanks
    Try looking under Control Panel, Mouse. There may be a setting incorrect in here. Because I do not have the same mouse or Touch Pad as you may have, I can't give you an exact item to look for. Sorry.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CWBillow View Post
    On my daughter's laptop, I'm trying to get the mouse so that it waits for a click to activate a choice. On the "Ease of Access" panel, I found the item in the Control Panel to *not* have the item selected when the mouse hovers, but it still does it -- after about 6-7 seconds.
    Waht brand of mouse?

Are the drivers up-to-date?

Have you checked the options in the mouse software?

Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    You don't mean the Click items as follows section under the General tab in Folder Options do you?

I know that's one place where if its set to Double click to open an item then it takes a single click to select or highlight it and just hovering the mouse pointer sort of outlines the item and it won't activate the choice unless double-clicked.