New Lounger
    Thanks
    Apparently my Windows Home Server received an updated and wants all of the connecting workstations and laptops to upgrade there connector software. When logging into a laptop for example, the connector software states that it needs to be updated... click here to proceed (paraphrasing here). All of my workstations and laptops are Vista Ultimate 64 and 32 bit and Windows 7 Enterprise 64 Bit. None of these machines have been able to upgrade the connector.

I can easily map to the server and get to where anything resides. Does anyone know where the updated connector software lives so I can get to it and update my equipment. As things stand now, I can get to my shares but nothing is getting backed up any more. No backups spells future trouble in my book.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!
    Friend of the great I AM.
    Congregation Yeshuat Tsion

New Lounger
    Thanks
    It looks like WHS PP3 just came out of beta and is being sent out via Windows Update. I haven't used WHS since early beta, but from what I read on the interwebs, PP3 adds support for Windows 7, OpenDNS problem fixes, Windows Search 4.0 support and more tweeks. According to one of the articles I read, the location for the updated connector software should be on your recently patched WHS server. The location is:

\\(server name)\Software\Home Server Connector Software\setup.exe

If you have trouble running this because of firewall/network issues, try copying the file to your local desktop and run it from there.

HTH

Steve

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,058 Times in 927 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David Sechler View Post
    Apparently my Windows Home Server received an updated and wants all of the connecting workstations and laptops to upgrade there connector software. When logging into a laptop for example, the connector software states that it needs to be updated... click here to proceed (paraphrasing here).
    From the Download details: Windows Home Server Release Documentation:

"Try the following if your home computer is not automatically updated after you update your home server, and your home computer is no longer backed up:1. On your home computer, browse to the Software\Home Server Connector Software shared folder on your home server. To do this, open Windows Explorer, and then, in the Address bar, type \\<Your_server_name>\Software\Home Server Connector Software.

2. Run WHSConnectorInstall.exe."

Joe
    Joe

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks guys, I'll try both of these methods tonight and see what happens. I'll post the results as soon as I'm done!
    Friend of the great I AM.
    Congregation Yeshuat Tsion