2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I updated to Windows 7 and added a new HP Officejet Pro 8500 all in one. I can send and receive faxes from the all in one. I can't send faxes from Microsoft Word. When I click File>Fax the drop down runs Windows Fax and Scan. I can't use that because there is only one slot for a phone line in my computer and that slot is taken up by the line for the broadband connection which doesn't support fax. When I click File>Print (like I used to do) the drop down menu shows the all in one printer, a generic fax that opens up the Windows fax and scan I can use, but it doesn't show the HP Officejet Pro 8500 all in one fax function. How do I fix it so I can fax from the computer through the Officejet all in one instead of printing out the document, scanning it and manually faxing from the all in one?

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Have you installed the latest version of the full feature software and driver for this printer from the HP website?

If you have Windows 7 64-bit this can be downloaded from here
    If you have Windows 7 32-bit then you should look here.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    That fixed it. Thanks.