5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'm on Windows 7. I'm using Acronis True Image 2010 for backups. My problem is that, even though I've set up a schedule to backup what I want, I have to go in and manually start the task to get it to run. Once I do that the task runs to a successful conclusion.

I found an Acronis KB that suggested running a Scheduler zipped file, which I did. That hasn't corrected my problem, Prior to that step, I had already tried opening Properties on all the executables and checking "run as an Administrator". All of this is on my home system. That didn't help either.

I'd appreciate any help and suggestions.

Thanks,
    Dick

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick-Y View Post
    I'm on Windows 7. I'm using Acronis True Image 2010 for backups. My problem is that, even though I've set up a schedule to backup what I want, I have to go in and manually start the task to get it to run. Once I do that the task runs to a successful conclusion.

I found an Acronis KB that suggested running a Scheduler zipped file, which I did. That hasn't corrected my problem, Prior to that step, I had already tried opening Properties on all the executables and checking "run as an Administrator". All of this is on my home system. That didn't help either.

I'd appreciate any help and suggestions.

Thanks,
    Dick
    I spent a few hours this past weekend researching this problem myself. This has been a known problem with Acronis under Windows Vista for about THREE years. The problem seems related to a known bug in Windows Scheduler!

Here is a very long thread that discusses possible solutions. The most promising one is discussed in post #42 of that thread.

I tried downloading the Windows Hotfix, and I tried using the idea from post #42 - but none of them worked for me. The very last post in the thread mentions an alternative solution that someone devised, after none of the other ideas worked for them. It uses the StayAwake utility from post #42 and a free piece of software called DelayExec.

I ran out of time, so I did not get to try this last idea.
    Rick Groszkiewicz
    Life is too short to drink bad wine (or bad coffee!)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    RGROSZ:
    Thank you for your reply. Does it matter that my problem is not related to waking my system up from sleep? For example, I typically boot up @ 6:30AM, and the Acronis task is supposed to start at 7:00AM (scheduled in True Image 2010.)
    Dick

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Solved my problem. Since I wasn't getting any more responses I decided to try various things. I deleted my backup files and the 2 backup jobs I was trying to have run on a schedule. Then I created 2 new jobs; and they ran successfuly on their own as scheduled. It appears that if you follow the KB suggestion of updating the Acronis scheduler modules that you also have to do what I did above - delete your backup jobs and recreate new ones.

Dick