Thanks
    I have pinned my email client, Earthlink Mailbox (C:\Program Files\EarthLink MailBox\MailClnt.exe) to the taskbar, but it does not show the correct icon. It shows a generic icon instead of the icon embedded in the exe file. When the program is running, the icon shows properly, but not when it is not running. Why does this happen, and how can I fix it?
    Bill Meacham
    bmeacham98 AT yahoo.com

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Drag the pinned item to the desktop, unpin it, modify its icon, then re-pin.

Thanks
    That does not work. I drag the program file to the task bar and it is pinned there, but when I unpin it, it goes away. I have created a shortcut on the desktop, but it also does not have the correct icon. What the heck going on?
    Bill Meacham
    bmeacham98 AT yahoo.com

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Is this Generic icon the icon of your default browser?

If so, then I would think this would be standard, but, what do I know since I do not use internet links on my desktop or Quick luanch area, that is what Favorites are for.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bmeacham View Post
    That does not work. I drag the program file to the task bar and it is pinned there, but when I unpin it, it goes away. I have created a shortcut on the desktop, but it also does not have the correct icon. What the heck going on?
    I don't know what the cause is, but I've had a few instances of this as well. You might want to download and install IcoFX. It's a great little icon editor - and it's .

Using IcoFX, extract the correct icon, save the icon to a convenient location, and then change the icon for your shortcut to point to the saved icon image. This has worked for me.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

Thanks
    I had similar problems with icons on my desktop after installing Adobe Photoshop Elements 7. Even after doing an uninstall and a system restore, bad icons. I have a copy of Ultimate Windows Tweaker. Get your copy here: http://www.winvistaclub.com/Ultimate...s_Tweaker.html

Under additional tweaks, there is a box for Enabling Self Healing Capabilities for the FTFS File System. This seems to have fixed the problem.

This seems to be a super Windows 7 Tweak Utility, far beyond Tweakui.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy