3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Does anyone know yet if PowerPoint came out with a new version to handle hyperlinks? We have a standard presentation which is tailored to each client/new clients. In the presentation are somewhere between 1-15 hyperlinks to other files, photos, AVIs, etc. When the files are moved to a flash drive, other's hard drive, etc., we have to re-link all the hyperlinks. Just checking if the newer version (2007/2010) of PP would eliminate this issue? Possibly embed the data instead? Or, should I be doing something different? Sorry to say but over the years I've accumulated probably hundreds of the same files just in different folders. Your help is much appreciated.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    What is the "Path" of these linked items and what is the path of the PPT file?

I fined that if the PPT files and the linked item are in the same folder or a sub folder under the folder in which the PPT file is in, all one needs to do is copy the first folder including sub folders and files and things should work.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the suggestion, Dave.

Our files and folders are on network drives. I tried copying the main folder and its sub folders to my C: drive. The hyperlinks contain the full network path. When the folders are copied the link path remains the same network path and doesn't change to my C: drive.

I thought that if the document properties hyperlink base was set to the new path the links would change. It doesn't seem to work for this application. Maybe if we start with generic folder names we will have better luck.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If you have them in the same Folder and sub folder and just copy the folder to the thumb drive which will include the sub folder, the the path should be good. The images must be in the sub folder before you do the inserting.

See the attach image, all I would do is copy the KCLS-manuals folder and it would copy all files and sub folder and any of the Word or Power point files that have links will work fine.
    Or I could just copy the PowerPoint 2007 folder and below and the same as above for just those files.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks.

The sample that I am using does not have all the links to files in sub-folders. We will redo the links and see if this will let us copy the folder and its sub-folders to another location.