New Lounger
    Thanks
    Hi. I'm running Win7 Ultimate (64 bit) and Office 2003 with all paches without any problems until today. I made some changes to normal.dot and now when I double click a file in Windows Explorer I get the message "there was a problem sending the command to the program". This didn't happen in the past. I can open the file from Word but not with a double-click. I have done "detect and repair" which didn't fix it. I have rebooted also with no joy. Any ideas??

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WAB View Post
    Hi. I'm running Win7 Ultimate (64 bit) and Office 2003 with all paches without any problems until today. I made some changes to normal.dot and now when I double click a file in Windows Explorer I get the message "there was a problem sending the command to the program". This didn't happen in the past. I can open the file from Word but not with a double-click. I have done "detect and repair" which didn't fix it. I have rebooted also with no joy. Any ideas??
    From this Google Search, there seem to be many "possible" causes, and many "possible" solutions.
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions

New Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you Rebel. I pushed the error through a number of search engines and didn't find anything notable. I should note, I don't have Zonealarm loaded. Has anyone seen an explanation and/or solution for this? It just started doing it after weeks of being error free.

New Lounger
    Thanks
    I have figured it out. I looked at the "properties" of the shortcut used to start Word and noticed that the compatibility mode box was ticked as was the "run as administrator". Can't remember changing them but I must have. Un-ticking both of them has stopped the error message.

Success!!!!

Wayne

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WAB View Post
    I have figured it out. I looked at the "properties" of the shortcut used to start Word and noticed that the compatibility mode box was ticked as was the "run as administrator". Can't remember changing them but I must have. Un-ticking both of them has stopped the error message.

Success!!!!

Wayne
    Well, I would never have thought of either of those two possibilities. Glad you figured it out!
    John
    A Child's Mind, Once Stretched by Imagination...
    Never Regains Its Original Dimensions