Thanks
    I don't recommend this but it certainly worked for me. I first backed up my entire system just in case something went wrong.
    I bought this laptop just prior to Vista being released, and decided to stay with XP Pro. When W7 came out I was all over it and upgraded immediately. Problems crept up with some of the HP drivers, and this particular laptop's drivers were not supported by HP for W7, which meant that some things just weren't going to work properly if at all. Although the computer was running just fine with W7 I finally decided that it would be nice if everything worked, especially my card reader.
    Well as the poker player says I went "all in" and updated every driver that was available for Vista. The river card was the Ace of Spades and the hand was a Royal Flush! Doesn't get much better than that!

HP dv5000CTO Notebook
    AMD Turion64
    120GB HD
    2GB RAM
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

2. Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Thanks
    Hey, what the heck. Most Vista drivers seem to work reasonably well in Win 7. If there are Win 7 specific drivers great, but if not try Vista. As you said, you made an image before trying. Congrats on getting it all going.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Yea Windows 7 specific drivers would have been nice, but HP doesn't show any so the dye was cast!
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)