Lounger
    Thanks

Missing Send-Receive Window (Outlook 98)

I always used to get a window that opened up during the sending / receiving of messages that showed the number of messages incoming or outgoing and the progress of this process. That is no longer happening and I can't find anywhere to "turn on" the feature. Any ideas?

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Missing Send-Receive Window (Outlook 98)

Have you changed the way your e-mail is being sent and received? When I used Internet e-mail only, I used the Send/Receive and saw what you're referring to. Now that I use Corporate/Workgroup, I no longer see that.
    egghead

Lounger
    Thanks

No, I haven't made any changes that I'm aware of.

Thanks

I think there is a checkbox in that dialog to hide it. I don't have an icon in the lower right of my status bar, but I think some people have one there that allows them to pop up that dialog, and perhaps the setting will be in there.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You may have checked the "Always hide this dialog" box at some point, which is why you don't see the dialog box you are looking for. You should, however, see notification in the lower right when sending or receiving. If you double click that message when it is showing, you will call up the dialog box so that you can uncheck the "always hide" box. The trouble is, the message shows for such a short time, especially if you have a fast connection. There are many tricks to get it to stay longer, such as sending yourself a huge file that takes a long time to upload, or creating a bogus account and trying to send or receive with it, so that the box stays open with an error message.

Fafner

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks! Apparently someone in the household must have done just that and your suggestion has worked.