Thanks
    My brother up the coast from me recently upgraded his Windows Vista64 (HP Media Center with a Dell monitor) computer to Win7 Ultimate, that I gave him, and now is having nothing but trouble and is blaming me?
    Apparently his font changes from program to program. He sent me a snipping of an e-mail I sent him, (I would attach it but it is personal) and it is so small I can hardly read it.
    When he goes to IE (7) the font is quite large.
    He says he did not have this problem while running Vista. I have had him do the following so far.
    1: Turn off all Add-Ons He says there are none?
    2: Check to make sure that all drivers are up to date. (he uses some type of driver update program) so he thinks that they are. Yea Right!
    3: Run a complete virus scan.
    So I am thinking that it has got to be a problem with his video card? Coincidence? Maybe.

I just sent him a post from Microsoft about the randomly changing fonts that says it might have something to do with a corrupted user account. We will see.

He was also having a problem with Quicken, but that problem was easily solved, and he blaming W7 for that as well, when it was a known Quicken problem.

anything else I can have him look at? I am about ready to connect to his computer and take a look.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Does he have IE zoomed, look in the lower right corner?

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks
    I am unsure Dave. I can't access his computer from here yet.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Thanks
    Did he clean install or upgrade??? If he took the upgrade route, beware. If his system was not pristeen before the update, he has probably increased the problems. Plus, IE 8 comes with Win 7 so my thought is he has exponentially increased his problems. Have him do a complete boot from Win 7 DVD and clean install over the Vista partition and see if this helps.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.53 GHz Duo Core Intel CPU, 8 GB RAM, 320 GB HD
    Win 8 Pro (64 Bit), IE 10 (64 Bit)

Complete PC Specs: By Speccy

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Myers View Post
    Did he clean install or upgrade??? If he took the upgrade route, beware. If his system was not pristeen before the update, he has probably increased the problems. Plus, IE 8 comes with Win 7 so my thought is he has exponentially increased his problems. Have him do a complete boot from Win 7 DVD and clean install over the Vista partition and see if this helps.
    I am pretty sure that he went the upgrade route. I told him prior to sending it to him to read carefully, and then read again.
    Pristine condition? Surely you jest ( Ok I know your name is not surely) Sorry I couldn't resist. Given the many times that I have straightened out his computers I would have to say more than likely not.
    Well, a friend told him that IE 8 was a piece of junk! so he went with IE 7. Personally I haven't had any problems with IE 8.
    I would have to call the clean install route at this point a last resort. I think before we go that route I will have him look at the User Accounts.
    thanks Ted
    Thanks John

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If he upgraded to Windows 7, I do not think that he has IE7, as it should install IE8.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Thanks
    Unless he chose not to install a browser or chose to uninstall IE 8 and reinstall IE 7. I also agree that IE 8 is working just fine.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    I don't remember if IE 8 installs, because I wasn't paying any attention since I was already using it.
    the other thing that bothers me is he said that there were no add ons. I don't know but I find that a little hard to swollow.
    Thanks John

Thanks
    There should be some add on's, adobe flash for one, if using Spybot it will have an add on, Java runtime would have an add on, Windows Live, etc.
    BACKUP...BACKUP...BACKUP
    Have a Great Day! Ted

Thanks
    Yea I know. that is why I find that odd.
    Thanks John