4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I was wondering if anyone used any software (preferably free) that they would recommend for making collages from their digital photos. The photo processing shop down the street does something where they can create an image from many images. Two things that I don't like about thier program are that the smallest size is A3 and the photos are all straight and square on the page. I want something a little more freeform.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Picasa3 from Google can do this. It has a Collage feature which has a Picture Pile setting. It initially "dumps" the pictures on the page. From there you can move them around and free rotate them.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by johbot View Post
    I was wondering if anyone used any software (preferably free) that they would recommend for making collages from their digital photos. The photo processing shop down the street does something where they can create an image from many images. Two things that I don't like about thier program are that the smallest size is A3 and the photos are all straight and square on the page. I want something a little more freeform.
    Check out Microsoft Image Composition Editor and Microsoft Photosynth. Both are free.

Also, see Microsoft Autocollage. Not free.

Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I'll second the recommendation for Picasa. I have not (yet) used the collage feature in Picasa3, but I have used it in earlier incarnations and it works quite well.
    Samantha

Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks!
    Robert A. Heinlein - Time Enough for Love

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    I'll second the recommendation for Picasa. I have not (yet) used the collage feature in Picasa3, but I have used it in earlier incarnations and it works quite well.
    I really like Picasa's collage features. I make them all the time and it is a great way to share alot of shots in just one page. I have taken profile shots of my kids and put them over profiles of their own kids so it's neat seeing the genes at work.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Take a sad song and make it better

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thank you all.

I will check out Picasa. I tried an earlier version of that some time ago but found that I had other products that would do what I wanted. I didn't think about it for this purpose. Thanks for reminding me.

Johanna