5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I have a query which gives the details of parts cast in the foundry. I added a yes/no field to one of the tables, to show if a cast was late. From this, I created another query to give me how many casts were late between two given dates. When I ran the query, it gave me a total of 15, when I know there is only 14, and I don't know where the extra 1 is coming from. What I'm trying to achieve is a basic report showing how many were cast, how many of those were late, and what % of those cast were late. Will I need to create another query to do this?

Thanks
    Not sure if this is what you are after, but it might give you some ideas.
    You can probably use SUM with IIF to get your info out in a single query depending upon the complexity of your data of course
    See attached example

[attachment=87495:Casts.zip]
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Andrew

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If you already have the number of items, and the number late, you can put a calculated control on the report to display the percentage that are late.

Set its control source to : = [numberlate]/[totalparts] and format it as a percentage.
    Change the names to those you are using.

As for the incorrect total, first just build a plain select query to find all the late parts within the date range. When you are happy that it returns the correct records, convert it to a query that counts them.
    Regards
    John

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks Andrew, John. I've used Andrews example. I want the user to input the date range (from and to), but if I replace your dates with parameters, in both columns, it asks for them twice.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    If it asks twice , there is something slightly different between the two pairs of parameters. Perhaps one has more spaces, or different spelling.

I used Andrew's example with prompts and it did not ask twice for me.
    Regards
    John