Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Is there a way to transfer email messages in folders to a CD, thus removing them from Windows Mail? (Windows Vista)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Try looking at C:\Users\"UserName"\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Window s Live Mail\Live\Inbox

This is from a Windows & machine.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Lounger
    Thanks
    All you have to do is select the message(s) you want to save, go to file and you will see "save as". click that and it will allow you to save the messages to a file, say in my documents or where ever you want. then its simple to copy them to a CD from there, just as if you would do it for pictures or music etc. All email programs I have ever used have the ability to save emails in a file on your hard drive.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    With Windows live, you must save each one, one at a time. You do not have the options to use Save or Save As when you have more than one email selected, as they (the saving entries) are greyed out.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    With Windows live, you must save each one, one at a time. You do not have the options to use Save or Save As when you have more than one email selected, as they (the saving entries) are greyed out.
    ...or you can select all the messages you want to save (just hold down the Ctrl Key) and forward them to yourself in one email and then you have the choice of saving one email with all your messages to a file to copy. This does work, I tried it already with windows live and running Windows 7 64 bit. Of course this may depend on how many emails you want to forward to yourself and the size of them in one email. Anyway,............I say just play around a bit. You can't do too much harm.............unless you press delete ....LOL

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IreneLinda View Post
    Is there a way to transfer email messages in folders to a CD, thus removing them from Windows Mail? (Windows Vista)
    IN LIVE MAIL:
    File->Export->Messages.

then select an empty folder to export them to.
    You'll have the option to choose exactly what folder you want to export, or you can
    export them all and prune them later.

You can then clean them up a bit, and then burn them to disc.

Easy as pie.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
    Try looking at C:\Users\"UserName"\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Window s Live Mail\Live\Inbox

This is from a Windows & machine.
    Dave, thanks! Just tried it and it worked perfectly! FYI: The exact path for me was: C:\Users\admin\App/Data\Local\Microsoft|Windows Mail\Local Folders\Email Folder I was looking for!

Linda