Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    If you need or want to have multiple Windows Explorer shortcuts pinned to the taskbar see Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows: Mailbag for January 3, 2010.

Joe

Joe

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
    If you need or want to have multiple Windows Explorer shortcuts pinned to the taskbar see Paul Thurrott's SuperSite for Windows: Mailbag for January 3, 2010.

Joe
    Thanks Joe. I've learned alot from his tips

Hey Jude
    Take a sad song and make it better

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Ok, for like what seems centuries now, I've had a custom taskbar toolbar dropup with oodles of Explorer shortcuts in it. Its compact, off in the lower right corner, expandable without taking up more and more taskbar real estate, takes me wherever I've preloaded in two clicks, including any number of networked and NAS addresses.

So, other than single click, what is the advantage of pinning one or more Explorer shortcuts to the taskbar? And if one right clicks and pins multiple addresses to the list, that's a nice way of doing things, but, how is it fundamentally different from what I've been doing for, well, centuries??

I'm just curious, maybe that its more automated now so its even easier to do so a lot more people will configure thier systems to use it more often?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron Tarbox View Post
    Ok, for like what seems centuries now, I've had a custom taskbar toolbar dropup with oodles of Explorer shortcuts in it. Its compact, off in the lower right corner, expandable without taking up more and more taskbar real estate, takes me wherever I've preloaded in two clicks, including any number of networked and NAS addresses.

So, other than single click, what is the advantage of pinning one or more Explorer shortcuts to the taskbar? And if one right clicks and pins multiple addresses to the list, that's a nice way of doing things, but, how is it fundamentally different from what I've been doing for, well, centuries??

I'm just curious, maybe that its more automated now so its even easier to do so a lot more people will configure thier systems to use it more often?
    One difference I see are the shortcuts that are pinned to the taskbar are visible. You don't have to remember if one exists or click to find out.

Another, which you mentioned is one click availability. If you are on a PC all day every day, plus time at night, fewer clicks are much better.

Joe
    Joe