Thanks
    [media]http://www.youtube.c...rom=PL&index=29[/media]

My kind of toy.
    Catz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    All I know is that you've got to be one helluva a pilot to fly one of these babies. Very impressive.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Here's a BTW trivia question for ya, Paulie (or anyone else who cares to comment):

One of the common things I do when watching a GOOD video on YouTube or a sporting event on ESPN360 is to go FULL SCREEN. It may be somewhat distorted, but I like it better than the tiny screen that's usually the default.

I can't figure out if that's possible with one of these media links here in The Lounge. Is it?

(I usually go to YouTube, find the video and view it there, in full screen. This one IS impressive and I'm jealous that I've not had an opportunity to "fly" a radio controlled aircraft!)

Thanks
    If you like the one above you should really get a kick out of this B29 with a little "RED" surprise under its right wing.

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=GtIL_VjBUGo[/media]
    Catz

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pauliez View Post
    If you like the one above you should really get a kick out of this B29 with a little "RED" surprise under its right wing.
    Holy Moly Batman! I thought they were gonna crash that big beauty when the "pilot ejected" and it was in a spin! That was a GREAT show. I saw the red under the wing when he took off and mistakenly thought it was a bomb or a rocket or some such. Didn't expect what it really was. Somethin' else, fer sure! Thanks for the ride...

PS The answer to my other question is right there in the above image! A right-click enables you to watch it IN YouTube where you can go to full screen.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigaldoc View Post
    A right-click enables you to watch it IN YouTube where you can go to full screen.
    Using Firefox, I find I can just left-click on the image above twice and it takes me to YouTube....

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Using Firefox, I find I can just left-click on the image above twice and it takes me to YouTube....
    Aha sez I !! That doesn't work for me cuz I always set Windows for single-click. Yeah, I know that's occasionally a problem (and this YouTube thing is an example) the worst of which is "accidently" single-clicking on a file. I have to be careful! Thanks Leif!

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    My kind of toy.
    Toy be damned! One could do a serious bit of damage with this baby on the approach to YYZ/YUL/LAX/.... I would imagine it would be filtered out of the airport radar as a rather fast bird.

Chuck Yeagher's Flight Simulator was the best computer game I ever owned. I loved flying the SR-71 to 80,000+ feet then gliding back to the runway.

Of course, when I was you age I had to be content with a Kitmaster 2-6-2 Prairie tank engine, but I was allowed to paint it any color ....

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigaldoc View Post
    Here's a BTW trivia question for ya, Paulie (or anyone else who cares to comment):

One of the common things I do when watching a GOOD video on YouTube or a sporting event on ESPN360 is to go FULL SCREEN. It may be somewhat distorted, but I like it better than the tiny screen that's usually the default.

I can't figure out if that's possible with one of these media links here in The Lounge. Is it?

(I usually go to YouTube, find the video and view it there, in full screen. This one IS impressive and I'm jealous that I've not had an opportunity to "fly" a radio controlled aircraft!)
    Al

I often use KeepVid to download a local copy as .flv or .mp4. For the one shown here, you can right click it and "Copy embeded html". From there, you can extract the YouTube file ref and paste it into KeepVid as (the slightly modified)

Code:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtIL_VjBUGo
    Then elect to download the .mp4 (25MB) or the .flv (16MB).

HTH
    Alan

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    My kind of toy.
    I had a near love affair with this bird when I was working at DoD on the then relatively new and exotic R&D area of stealth technologies. So obsessed was I that when I was sent to England I camped out for many a cold night, just hoping to see a "cover of darkness" take off, from a base called Mildenhall. Not only did I see one, but also got to see a landing.

There are lots of interesting trivia about the Blackbird:
    o Contrary to popular belief, it was not especially hard to locate and track it by radar or infrared.
    o The length of the aircraft grew by around 11 inches in flight.
    o Nothing was able to seal before the plane got "up to temperature" (no rubber seals, just metal-to-metal compression) so the highly viscous fuel would ooze out of every nook and crany, like green slime, when plane was still pre-flight.

All this stuff is public knowledge now, but back then it was real hi-tech cloak and dagger. There's a really nice YouTube video of the real one here.

Alan

Lurker
    Thanks
    The red rocket on the B-29 was this critter:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bell_X-1

Thanks
    The SR-71 Blackbird is among the coolest looking aircraft ever built.
    DRIVE IMAGING
    Invest a little time and energy in a well thought out BACKUP regimen and you will have minimal down time, and headache.

Build your own system; get everything you want and nothing you don't.
    Latest Build:
    ASUS X99 Deluxe, Core i7-5960X, Corsair Hydro H100i, Plextor M6e 256GB M.2 SSD, Corsair DOMINATOR Platinum 32GB DDR4@2666, W8.1 64 bit,
    EVGA GTX980, Seasonic PLATINUM-1000W PSU, MountainMods U2-UFO Case, and 7 other internal drives.