Thread: Trendline

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    In the attached workbook, I have 3 tables and corresponding charts. I am interested in the TREND lines that I have created for each. Just when I thought I got the equation correct, I see that Report_3 seems to calculate a TREND line that would seem to start with zero at the beginning of the data set reference in the Name Manager. However, I'm pretty sure that is not the case.

I want the TREND line that begins closer to the first value of Report_3 like Report_1 and Report_2. What is going on?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Amy
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks
    You haven't done anything wrong. The TREND formula produces the best fit for your data. This will not necessarily match any of your actual data points.
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    I added MIN(TrendDataFFP) to the TREND formula in Report_1 and Report_2 and it increased the y-value of the trend line data points such that the trendline would begin at or near the top of the first data column. That didn't work for Report_3. Is it possible to have a formula array that will add to the y-value such that the trend line always begins at the y-value of the first data column?

Thanks
    You could do something like the attached. It's not precise but it seems to be a bit closer to what you want.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel