Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Hello,
    First please pardon me if I had placed this thread in the wrong Category.

My default browser is Mozilla Firefox version 3.5.6, but I believe this is a problem with Adobe Flash.
    I'm experiencing slow animations on sites that contain Flash animations for example:
    While looking at a google map and moving the map by clicking on it and dragging it.
    Please try it yourself at: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
    A better example would be at this website especially if you move the mouse to the top left of the website:
    http://www.mvsp.biz/ (Sorry for using this one as an example, I know it is an annoying web site to listen to, but it works well as an example to show the slow animation problem that at least I am dealing with. )
    Let me know if any of you also experience this.
    I don't remember ever having this problem in the past, except when my graphics drivers weren't installed.
    I know that is not the problem, because this problem is only with Flash animations.
    I experience this with both Firefox and IE.
    Time can fix anything.....even a broken clock. - Handy Andy

Thanks
    I dragged all over that map and didn't find any problem. I'm not sure what you are getting at. I took it off the right, left, top and bottom of the screen w/o any issue. I didn't install the plug-in to look at your 2nd site. Maybe someone else will see what you are seeing.

Hey Jude
    Take a sad song and make it better

Thanks
    Using FF 3.5.6 with Flash 10.0.42.34 here, no problems moving or zooming on the first site; other than initial freezes on loading (downloading the .swfs?), no problems on the second site either.

@ Hey Jude, no plugins needed for me, just allowed the second site in NoScript then clicked each .swf.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy Rowlands View Post
    Using FF 3.5.6 with Flash 10.0.42.34 here, no problems moving or zooming on the first site; other than initial freezes on loading (downloading the .swfs?), no problems on the second site either.

@ Hey Jude, no plugins needed for me, just allowed the second site in NoScript then clicked each .swf.
    okies I use NoScript too

Got it~! No problems~! THANK YOU~!

Hey Jude

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for your fast reply.

Please see my "video screen shot" (MapDrag.avi).
    (I am not sure what you call a screen shot when it is a video and not a still image.)

Click on the link below to download it:
    MapDrag.avi
    It isn't easy to see my cursor which looks like a hand because it is small in the video, but you will notice that as I drag the cursor around that there is a delay from the map responding to it.
    Hope this helps you see what I see.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyAndy View Post
    It isn't easy to see my cursor which looks like a hand because it is small in the video, but you will notice that as I drag the cursor around that there is a delay from the map responding to it.
    Hope this helps you see what I see.
    That definitely is alot slower than what I see. I guess I could compare how I view it to what a swing does back and forth--instantaneous w/o any delay. What version Flash are you using? I wonder if it's related to your other issue of setting the zoom for web pages.

Hey Jude

Thanks
    Do you have Smooth scrolling enabled in FF?

What's your graphics card/chipset? You have the latest drivers installed for it?

Thanks
    Do you have Smooth scrolling enabled in FF?

What's your graphics card/chipset? You have the latest drivers installed for it?
    Go to Tools/Options/Advanced to see if smooth scrolling is checked. I don't have it checked. I have "use autoscrolling" checked.

This issue may be connected with this thread http://bro.ws/770505L

Hey Jude

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    @ Hey Jude, you may be right about the zoom plug-in, although the problem also exists in Internet Explorer.

@ Andy Rowlands, how would I know if smooth scrolling is enabled?
    I do have the latest drivers installed for my Nvidia Ion Graphics.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HandyAndy View Post
    @ Hey Jude, you may be right about the zoom plug-in, although the problem also exists in Internet Explorer.

@ Andy Rowlands, how would I know if smooth scrolling is enabled?
    I do have the latest drivers installed for my Nvidia Ion Graphics.
    See above "Go to Tools/Options/Advanced to see if smooth scrolling is checked. I don't have it checked. I have "use autoscrolling" checked."

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks, I too don't have it checked. I have "use autoscrolling" checked."
    What does that do exactly?
    I think autoscrolling brings you back to the area of the page you were just on, but then what is smooth scrolling for?
    Also what is "NoScript"?

Thanks
    My understanding is that scrolling is when images, videos, text, and graphics slide across your monitor or display screen; very much like using your scroll button on a mouse.

Wikipedia says, " 'Scrolling', as such, does not change the layout of the text or pictures, but incrementally moves panning (camera) or Tilt (camera) the user's view across what is apparently a larger image that is not wholly seen.

NoScript is a FF add-on that allows you the option of controlling which active scripts are allowed to run on.

Wikipedia says,

"...After installation, JavaScript, Java, Flash, Silverlight and other executable content is blocked by default in Firefox. This content can later be allowed to execute when given explicit permission by the user.

NoScript takes the form of a toolbar icon or status bar icon in Firefox. It displays every site whose content is being either blocked or allowed for the current page being viewed, with options to allow the blocked content or forbid the allowed content...."

NoScript completely blocks malicious content until I decide I wish to allow it.

Hey Jude

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Thanks for the lesson.

I do remember having to click on that bar at the top of some websites in order to view all the site content.
    If those types of content were still blocked then I wouldn't even be able to see the google map, correct?

Thanks
    Google Maps issues while using FF or other browsers, not a huge amount of help; I think javascript is the only scripting type needed to display Google Maps and yes, it should be disabled on a per-site basis by NoScript until you allow it (in this instance, gstatic.com and google.com sites would need to be allowed).

It may just be that you have a slow (ping times = laggy) connection, how do you connect to the 'net?

Thanks
    It may just be that you have a slow (ping times = laggy) connection, how do you connect to the 'net?
    I posted PingPlotter in another thread which could determine if you have a network or internet connection issue. As I recall you have posted that you can view DVDs without any problems.
    Hey Jude

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast