Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    3 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hemet CA
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm using Office 2007 and I have an Excel workbook that opens to a user form that has command buttons that will navagate to either different user forms or worksheets. When I attempt to use a command button to go to another user form I get this error " Microsoft Visual Basic Compile error in hidden module: User Form 3 " I can open other worksheets no problem and I have this same workbook on a different computer and it works just fine. Any suggestions what maybe cauing this error message. Also noted my workbooks are password protected, I have that in place to protect the VBA code.

  2. #2
    Plutonium Lounger
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    10,550
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    What happens if you unhide the VBA and choose Compile from the Debug menu?

  3. #3
    3 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hemet CA
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi StuartR
    I'm not sure what you mean, Please explain

  4. #4
    Plutonium Lounger
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    10,550
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ABabeNChrist View Post
    Hi StuartR
    I'm not sure what you mean, Please explain
    Open the workbook that contains the VBA code
    Use Alt-F11 or any other method of your choosing to go to the Visual Basic Environment
    From the Debug Menu select the Compile VBAProject command

  5. #5
    3 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hemet CA
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi StuartR
    I did as you mentioned, I opened Visual Basic Environment then selected Debug from menu. then selected the Compile VBAProject command that was visible I didnt notice any changes other then is is not highlighted anymore.

    I'm sure there are a lot of possibilities that could be causing this problem.
    I'm wondering if I should check these possibilites I listed below
    1. Check for different types of Addins that are conflicting
    2. Check and see if I'm using Office 2007 along with an older version of Office?
    3. Uninstall and then reinstall your Office 2007 along with current updates (It may have a corrupt file in the Office program).
    4. What about adobe reader may need to be uninstalled and then reinstalled with all current updates.

  6. #6
    Plutonium Lounger
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Posts
    10,550
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    If your code compiles with no errors then this error is most likely to be a module in an addin. You could try disabling addins to find the guilty one.

  7. #7
    3 Star Lounger
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Hemet CA
    Posts
    310
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by StuartR View Post
    If your code compiles with no errors then this error is most likely to be a module in an addin. You could try disabling addins to find the guilty one.
    Hi StrartR
    Very cool thanks
    I thought it maybe something like that. I'll give it try......

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •