Thanks
    If you haven't tried this, you must! Fantastic. So easy to find settings.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks
    For a brief discussion on "God mode" see http://bro.ws/770590L

Thanks
    thanks Tony,
    Having come to Win7 straight from XP, these tips and tricks are all new to me.
    Thanks John
    Teamwork is essential; it gives the enemy other people to shoot at. (Murphy's War Laws #39)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by t8ntlikly View Post
    thanks Tony,
    Having come to Win7 straight from XP, these tips and tricks are all new to me.
    The method of opening control panel, typing "s" in the search box and then <enter> works equally well on Vista.

Thanks
    Be careful not to install godmode on vista 64but systems It throws a fit. Puts you into an endles IE start stop loop. You cant boot into safe mode either
    Microsoft Most Valuable Professional-- Windows Expert Consumer 2009---2015
    MCC 2013-2015

Wanikiyi & Dyami--Team ZigZag3143

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Johnston View Post
    Be careful not to install godmode on vista 64but systems It throws a fit. Puts you into an endles IE start stop loop. You cant boot into safe mode either
    How about the various flavours of Windows Server, and both 32-bit and 64-bit? Not seen anything about this...
    BATcher

Time prevents everything happening all at once...

New Lounger
    Thanks
    If you go to, http://news.cnet.com/8301-13860_3-10...otTopicsBody.1 you will get a good explanation and also towards the bottom there are other strings to check out.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,059 Times in 928 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BATcher View Post
    How about the various flavours of Windows Server, and both 32-bit and 64-bit? Not seen anything about this...
    All you are doing is creating a shell folder using a specific GUID. See Canonical Names of Control Panel Items for a list.

I'd expect that to work for at least Server 2008 & 2008 R2.

Joe
    Joe

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    Followed the link (2nd post) and another link after that and it looks like it's actually a backdoor created by one of the designers. Pretty useful, I'll have to tell my friends that like (like myself) prefer a list like this.

Also: I noticed some people mentioning that you could just use the start menu. While this is most certainly true and probably the best idea for the average user, I find it nice to look through a list from time to time especially if I'm not sure what the setting is called. Plus, I might find another setting I didn't know about (or just forgot about).
    Current Machine:HP Compaq 6910p with 4GB RAM, Core2Duo @ 2.20 GHz, Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family, Avast free, Malwarebyte's free, TP-Link wireless card (as the built in card has nothing but problems with empty solutions): The card identifies as "Atheros AR922X Wireless Network Adapter". [Not the best machine but it does internet, docs, and vids, and some games (PvZ, Spore)]