Thanks
    Maybe I'm not reading this right, but exactly how does one "Add info to our newsletter articles"? - I can't reply or post a new thread in the "Windows Secrets Columns" forum.

There is the invitation to 'Sign In to reply" which is highly confusing (as reported in as reported in Announcements forum: Sign In button » Windows Secrets Lounge).

Thanks
    Hmmmm. Seems I am able to add a reply now......

However, when replying using the "Quote within reply" link, one is faced with a mass of code to scroll down. Noticing the number of folks who have a little difficulty in handling the quotes, this could cause no little confusion.

The reply/text box in fact looks very similar to the view you get if you click on the "Print It" link at the bottom of the posts......

[attachment=87558:x.gif]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif x.gif (59.1 KB, 2 views)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks
    There also appears to be some problem with the article's HTML when it comes to your inbox in digest form. I'll look into this.

Brian Livingston
    There's no reason for any member to ever click the Quote within reply button to add a reply to a column. Everyone has already read the column, or at least the beginning of it, or they wouldn't be reading the thread. Perhaps the developers can find a way to disable this button when the member is viewing the top of the column itself.

The notifications being in ASCII text, which seems to be an Invision requirement, is a pain. I've looked into this several times during the oast few weeks. There's not an easily apparent way to format the notifications (daily digest, etc.) as MIME (a text part and an HTML part) or even HTML alone. We may have to develop a new format that is limited to BBCode. How BBCode would be rendered by Invision in ASCII, however, is an open question. Invision doesn't even convert legal numeric entities (such as accented Latin-1 characters) into ASCII properly. Instead, they appear as numeric entities (an ampersand followed by a number). It's frustrating.